So... Since we acquired Randy Moss:

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Dec 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

How many times have we looked like a running team?

I'm trying my hardest not to make this look like a "told ya so" thread, but I'd be selling myself short without mentioning it seeing as how everyone here argued with me when I said the acquisition of Moss would hurt the team. "We're super bowl contenders"...4 weeks later?... We're not even playoff contenders. We're actually looking at a top 10 draft pick at this rate.

I'm not going to say I nailed it. Randy Moss hasn't caused a distraction yet. He hasn't completely given up or thrown a fit- but other than that? Yeah. Pretty spot on. He's quit on plays, done little to nothing, and somehow the team around him just went from contention to the dumpster as soon as he arrived.

Am I blaming this on Moss? No. Not at all.

What I am blaming it on is a coaching staff and front office that has completely lost it's mind. Moss didn't fit this team at all. Nothing Moss does was needed on this team, so why did we sign him? We were the top scoring offense in the NFL. Did we really need an elite WR?
    He didn't fit the offense. Now he just occupies a position that could actually help us, but instead we're playing with 10 men on offense now.

How many pass attempts do we average per game now?

How many run attempts per game?

Are we the same team?

Have we completely lost our identity?

Should this entire staff be wiped clean?...

It wasn't Moss that I had the problem with. It was the FO signing Moss that I had a problem with. It was a stupid move, and has shown as such ever since it was inked. It's not Moss' fault that he doesn't run routes and jogs 70% of the time. That's who he is. Who he's always been. Why did our guys think he fit here where we want possession receivers that block well and do simple things well to make the offense work?

Does anyone still think this move has helped Chris Johnson?

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

If you look at it, anyone on this Earth would clearly see that Moss would be a great addition to any team. He was suppose to open up the offense, but it's clearly not working out.

To be honest, it has nothing to do with Randy Moss at all. Ever since Moss came here, we have had QB issues. I feel really sorry for Moss. To me, he deserves a round of applause for keeping sane during his baffled time as a Titan.

This is one of those times that i clearly don't know what's to blame on this offense. But I know for a fact that it's not Moss.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Well you were wrong about one thing Deuce. You said we'd be 7-9! Hahahaha... We're gonna be 5-11.

Loser.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. KC_Titan

KC_Titan Starter

This train wreck has nothing to do with Moss or the acquisition of Moss. This team has fallen apart from the head coach down.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He wouldn't be a good addition to any team- he'd be a good addition to a team that isn't based on running the ball and working TOP.

Don't use the QB situation as an excuse. We've had 3 qb's play with Randy Moss...

What has he done with any of the 3? Nothing. What have they done while he's been on the field? Nothing.

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

You do know that your WR is only as good as your QB, right?

7. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Deuces last post in this topic makes me wonder if he might be a waterhead

8. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

We still gave up nothing for him, and he hasn't made the team any worse. Who cares if he hasn't done ****?

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I said we would go 11-5. :sad2:

And I continuously asked Deuce after the 5-2 start how we could end up 7-9... yea, we're going 5-11 unless we clone Tom Brady, Antonio Gates, Ed Reed, Nnamdi Asomugha, Patrick Willis, DeMarcus Ware, Julius Peppers, Mario Williams, and Haloti Ngata.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I think I said 10-6. :facepalm:

Should've known to play it safe and guess 8-8. (still would've been wrong but would've been closer)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar