So, the Ravens Offered Mac $12 Million

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titantonic, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bascum99

bascum99 Camp Fodder

Take the fifth!

Take the fifth round pick the Raven are offering and get it over with, I'm tired of hearing about it.

>:(

2. The Titans can't match that deal to suit McNair. It's not all about the signing bonus. The point is that he can expect to play a few years in Baltimore under that contract. He knows the Titans won't keep him around that long with Vince Young waiting to take over. He'd get the bonus money, but he would lose out on the future base salaries down the road.

He isn't going to sign a new contract with us. If he plays for us this year, I'd almost guarantee you that it will be under his current deal.

3. Do you really think Steve is worth beas n honey and a 5th round pick, I think the Titans should be pressing for a 4th rounder

4. tyrant539

tyrant539 Guest

If he wants to go out as a Ratbird let him... We need the money to sign rookies, Plummer, Law, whoever. Mac will be greatly missed, but this is the new era and #9's time here is up.

5. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

I think reguardless or who he plays for, it is a matter of time before he is injured and you have to go to your backup. Why pay someone that much that you know is unable to take the abuse of the NFL for a full year? We already have a QB who most likely wouldn't make it through an entire 16 game season so why struggle to free up all that cap room for someone who hasn't played a full season in how long now? Not to sacrafice the season before it begins but I personally don't expect to go to any superbowl THIS year, so bite the bullet for one more year until you can get Vince ready. Just my take on it.

6. Course we won't go to the SuperBowl this year, who is think that.

We'll be lucky if we go .500

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

It really comes down to when they think VY will be ready for prime time. If they drag their feet on the issue of trading Mac then maybe they get to see how VY does in mini-camps and in terms of learning the playbook. If he really struggles in May/June then maybe they decide it would be worth keeping Mac. But if VY picks things up quick and they really feel that he is the man in 2007 then it doesn't make sense to keep Mac. Holding him longer might make the Ravens more willing to give up a higher pick once they see how bad Boller is at the mini-camps.

8. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Yup, we can't play in that neighborhood. We don't have the cash. Only choice left is do we restructure some others, pay him the $9M this year or cut him. I bet the 5th rounder is off the table now.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'd prefer we make Steve our final offer NOW (and be done with it) that we know what the market value is. I'd like for McNair to sign somewhere by next week.

At this point, I really don't care if he signs with us or not. I want some resolution so we can finish out our FA moves and set our training camp roster.

10. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

"Steve is going to come in with a chip on his shoulder because of the way things were handled in Tennessee," said Ravens cornerback Samari Rolle, a close friend and former McNair teammate. "I don't think any team wants to play us with Steve McNair playing with a chip on his shoulder."

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article.jsp?id=2037

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar