So, the Ravens Offered Mac $12 Million

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titantonic, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Architect

Architect Pain Train

:lol2:

2. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I disagree. He isn't worth what he is asking, and he is counting against our Cap too much.

3. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

I think the only mistake the FO has made so far is simply in the way that this has been handled, inparticuar the lockout of Steve from the training facilities. That should have really been handled better, other than that I can't blame the FO for looking out for the teams future and not its past.

4. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

Hey...if Steve wants to be a ratbird that bad they can have him. In truth, I guess if he wants to make one final payday then so be it, but let's all remember this when he retires and people are screaming to retire his number- that his love of money took him out of Tennessee to be a ratbird.
    Let Brian Buttocks retire his number. Cook should be thinking and advising his client about his legacy at this stage in his career, not just going for his pockets.

5. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

I haven't see an agent yet that worried about anyones "legacy" other than their own. I feel that this is more about how long Steve wants to continue playing more than it is about the money. I could be wrong, but don't tell my wife that, I don't need anymore fuel for THAT fire!

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

A lot of people have agreed with the statements about the only thing being wrong being how the Titans have "handled" the situation. The main example being the lockout. I think that's more perception than anything else. The titans gave notice in advance, Cook made the choice to send steve over there when he knew he would be refused entry, but he sent him anyway, and told the media. Cook is the one who has made the titans look bad, I think it was normal procedure, and Cook just did a good job blowing it out of proportion in the media.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Based on the past two seasons, I don't think McNair can realistically know if he'll be playing 2-3 more seasons in Baltimore.

8. I think McNair will be fooled like Eddie was in Dallas, he is playing just this year trying to make a run to the SB, when they realized that they sucked and McNair be injured, he is going to regret leaving the Titans to become a ratbird and would wish to retire with a stand ovation inthe Coliseum!!!

Steve in purple is going to be the worst thing that will see in my life!!

I love Steve but if he goes to Baltimore, that game will be special and only hope that Lendale runs over Samari's a$$, Hope knock Mason out of the game, and Steve be on his back all day long dreaming that KVB #93, and Vince Young running or passing for the game winning TD against his buddy Steve.

9. Maybe, maybe not. But he knows that it won't last more than 1 year here, so from his perspective a new long-term deal is better.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Have we heard yet whether or not the Ravens guaranteed the contract for three years?

McNair would keep Young on the bench into '07 if he played like he did in '03.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar