So, the Ravens Offered Mac $12 Million

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titantonic, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No, but I'm sure they didn't.

2. Texas_Titan_1

Texas_Titan_1 Camp Fodder

check out the photo section, click on vince young for a photo of what our future holds.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

So this thing can really be another Eddie situation.

It's not about money but "opportunity".

4. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I have struggled back and forth over this issue. On one side I am so thankful for what Steve has done for this franchise. Because of his efforts I was able to attend a Super Bowl for my home team, and not many fans of older teams can say that. I will truly be sad to see him in another jersey....and disappointed that it is a Ravens one at that.

On the other hand I look at this and think of Eddie...failing to see that he just did not have it left in the tank. Steve cannot look at the last two years and say that he was playing at a top level...his body is not holding up to the punishment anymore. Playing in the AFC North will be no picnic. The Steelers defense twice a year will be painful. Hopefully the Titans game will remind him that we do have some hitters on defense.

I will be mixed...but some part of me will hope he does well while at the same time a part of me will kinda smile if a highlight of him getting blasted makes it to Sportscenter.

Weird and sad all at the same time.

5. It's both. It's a matter of him knowing for sure that he would be gone after 2006 if he stays with the Titans. It's also a matter of being able to make more money immediately by being able to sign a new long term contract now versus having to take his current 1-year deal.

McNair's ability hasn't dropped off like Eddie's did . Eddie was worthless at the time. Steve is still a good starter, even if he isn't what he used to be.

6. TitanJeff

If Vince wasn't ready, I could see him playing into '07 if he was still performing at a high level. If he plays like he did in '03, Vince can sit the bench and watch the show until he hangs 'um up. Thing is, I doubt anyone thinks that will happen, including McNair.

7. keldog

keldog Guest

Despite the fact that so many of you are so willing to throw the face of the organization on the trash heap, I think you might want to refresh your memory about the supporting cast that Mac had around him the past two years. Well he had....And then there was also....And you can't forget about.... Last time I checked he was missing any resemblance to a running attack, receiving corps, or an offensive line. For a guy who had no one to hand the ball off to or throw to and basically was running for his life, I give him credit for being even able to get out of bed each morning. I've been sick to my stomach with this organization with their inability to handle these delicate situations with their top tier players. Steve may very well be at the end of the line, (I sure has heck hope not) but he should have been shown politely to the door not having the door slammed in his face. If he is traded or released in this fashion, I'll be buying the NFL ticket on Directv so I can see how a real professional organization is ran.

8. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Per KFFL

Titans | Team agrees to deal parameters to trade McNair
    Fri, 5 May 2006 16:54:25 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Tennessee Titans and Baltimore Ravens have agreed to trade parameters that would take Titans QB Steve McNair to Baltimore. The only remaining aspect is for the Titans to officially sign off on the deal.

9. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

... and now for a moment of silence.

10. TitanJeff

True. But he also was hurt much of '04. And regardless of the talent he had at WR last year, he was a shadow of who he was in '03.

On this, I fully agree. It's pathetic because it wouldn't have been difficult to handle it the right way.

Many of the players on the Titans haven't shown much class the last couple of seasons and the front office appears sometimes to be doing their best to match it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar