So uh, that Verlander guy, eh?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Jun 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

No hitter. I had to post something about it and can't believe no one else did. Being a Tigers fan, I personally think Nate is better than Rogers even with the pine-tar.
    But the guy was throwing 101 in the 9th inning. Ridiculous.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Pitchers amaze me at constantly being able to throw. The wear on their shoulders.

Do many throw out their shoulders?

3. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

What the hell is up with those birds at Comerica?

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Well you can't really throw out your shoulder per say. But complications from the wear and tear of throwing so much are definitly common throughtout the MLB and their farm teams.

Tendons, muscles, ligaments anything could happen to a pitchers arm after too much stress, wrong mechanics, ect, ect.

The most common being tendonitis, inflammation, tightness, or soreness.

More serious cases include damaged ligaments, tendons, muscles which could end careers or require surgery like tommy john, rotator cuff, ect.

sorry I grew up around baseball I kinda ranted on their.

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Verlander is definitly a stud P and is much better than Rogers who constantly fades off after the all-star break.

Justin has better stuff obviously, fastball which touches the low 100's and good off spead pitches which make him very effective since a fastball will get crushed in the MLB without a off-speed pitch or two. He's very competitve as well when you see him on the mound he has that look to him and is very confident for being so young. He was ROY last year so it's not like he just had one lucky game the guy is good.

Him and Zumaya if he comes back 100% this year are two of the nastiest young pitchers in the MLB.

6. Deuce Wayne

Man, I was wondering the same. Last time I watched a Tiger game in Detroit, there were only buzzards circling the stadium.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I didn't mean literally. It's just a thing we say down here. But you answered my question. Thanks.

8. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

get this, last year, the Nationals made an attempt to trade Alfonzo Soriano to the Tigers for Verlander, but the tigers wouldnt tie the knot unless the nationals offered up 1 of there top prospects, well we said know and now its biting us in the arse.

9. Deuce Wayne

Yeah, hindsight. But that was a tough trade last year. Verlander was looking great as a rook, but Soriano was one of the hottest players in the league. Wasn't an easy decision, and it makes sense why it didn't happen.

10. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

now i would give anything if it did happen, we lost soriano anyways, with this rotation, it woulda been sick.

Verlander

Bergmann

Hill

Patterson

Simontachhi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar