So were the Titans close to landing Welker?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I like Swope, if we're looking for slot guys he's a good one to look at

2. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

Can't really blame Welker for not coming here. It's a bigger deal for him to be in Denver. I think his best days are behind him anyway. What about Preston on the outside with KW in the slot? I really liked what I saw out of Preston last year. Maybe worth a shot?

3. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I would endorse this as well. However, as it stands Preston is our only backup to KB if he...WHEN he gets injured.

4. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

I love the fact that they went after him, they aren't settling. This offseason is something the old regime wouldn't have even considered.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Manning or Locker?? hmmmm who should I go with...easy answer Manning

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If we're still looking at short WR's, Davone Bess is said to possibly get released by the Dolphins, I'd take him.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I believe we offered Welker about $15mil for same 2 years but he wanted to go to a contender and didn't view us as such so he didn't really consider our offer. We did offer the best monetary deal though! And that 7.5mil a year could now go to ELVIS DUMERVILL!!!!!!!

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

Dumervill>Welker

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

Wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar