So what are our plans if the Jake Locker experiment fails???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Brady sat one year.
    McNair sat two years.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Most of the current "star" QBs sat for very little time in their career. Trial under fire seems to be the way most teams are opting to "develop" their QB.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

lol RG3 had no playoff team around him guy..His team was/is straight garbage, RG3 is just that good he has a Peyton Manning type effect, whichever team he was on was making the playoffs.

4. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Then we move on to the next scho in the draft and hope we get a good one. Even if Lock sucks and we get mid-round draft pick, I would expect Rust to trade up for an elite QB next year.

Nah not really man, the 'skins have a pretty good roster if you ask me. The Colts on the other hand have a pretty bad roster...

5. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Personally, I think Mccarron is the best QB in this draft class even though he is the most unproven. He reminds me a lot of Tom Brady circa 01-03 and I think he is a guy who can win day 1 if he is on a team with a decent OL and running game (like ours).

6. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

I'm not a huge fan of discussing the backup plan to a plan that hasn't failed yet. Locker had a bad year, okay I get that. He also was injured from week one, had a god-awful O-line, and absolutely no defense to help him. Don't forget about how well he played when called upon in his rookie season. I have faith in Locker.. he will be fine.

I like having Fitz behind him though.. if Fitz has to step in I could see him as a franchise QB. He has all the physical tools, and we know the dude is smart. (Harvard grad, good wonderlic scores). We have a much better supporting cast than Buffalo ever did, so if he can cut down the mental mistakes, he could be a good QB for us if Locker doesn't pan out.

I'm not even thinking about spending a high draft pick on a QB like Bridewater or Johnny Football.. not when Locker has only had one year and a backup in Fitz who has never played for us.

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

The skins would have won 4 or 5 games tops with Locker at QB last season. That's the truth. I live in the DC area, I watched most of their games last season.

Their secondary was useless, Orakpo didn't play at all because of injury, and their receivers were awful and a few of them were injured most of the season. Their only strength was their run blocking and RG3.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

There's an idea. RG3 will be back, Kirk might hit the trade market. We'd likely have to trade our 2nd for him, worth it?

9. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Sign Josh Freeman. Draft a QB.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Aaron Rodgers is the only one who sat a while, that I can think of..... so everybody assumes if a QB sits they'll turn into Aaron. Makes sense, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar