So what direction do you take the offense...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Sep 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

3 of our 4 TDs have come while we have been in our 2 minute drill with MM running the show. I know that ideally we want to be an exotic smash mouth football team that controls the clock/ball.

We have moved the ball ok on our opening drives holding the ball for 5mins against the Vikings and then 6 mins against the Lions. The issue is we have zero points to show for it.

I think we need to come out in our 2 min offense and build a lead and then go with the more balanced attack to eat up the clock.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Marcus is best while on the run...With both passing and running. I think it is smart if we roll him out and get him moving to keep the Defense unsure.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I dont really like exotic smash mouth anymore, it worked in the preseason vs vanilla defensive fronts, but its redundant now. Theres a whole lot of razzle dazzle presnap for nothing.

Mariota is more than what this gimmicky offense is about.

And Robiskie, I can not believe there is someone worse at calling plays than Dowell Loggain...

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. LiLTex12

LiLTex12 Starter

I still don't see why there can't be some mixture l.

As I mentione in a different thread, we saw in then Lions game that when MM is given the chance to find his groove with 3-4 wide out sets including abusing mismatches of LB's on Murray or LB's/Safeties on Walker, and just let him go to work, he can be extremely successful. However, we've also shown. Signs in pre season and some glimpses in our first two games of a solid rushing attack that can absolutely control time of possession and wear down a defense.

Why not mix it up? Why not start a drive off with MM lining up with 3-4'wide, including Murray and awaken, get into a nice groove, spread the d out completely, running an up tempo almost non huddle if need be, and then in the middle of it, have a big mass formation sub ready to go, and once we reach a certain spot or feel MM is in a solid place to start the season, being in the big boys, and let them gontonwork. This will allow to eat up a huge amount of the clock,'and hopefully have MM feeling comfortable, and go to a run first, play action roll out option for MM to allow him to use his legs, and Murray and Henry To be able to do what they are here to do.

5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

We have a stubborn history of not innovating fast enough. I just don't see us going away from the smash mouth mentality this year, especially after 2 games.

Henry is definitely being used wrong in a smash mouth attack. Henry is not the RB you run a draw play with. He needs a head of steam for you to see his true potential. Mularkey claimed he doesn't hit the hole quick enough, yet we are running Henry on draw plays? Doesn't make any sense.

This team would fare better by spreading out 4 WRs and just running it down their throats. There's no need in having Murray or Henry block for one another. That just isn't working.

I'd say be a pass first team and set up the run.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think theyre just trying too hard to be "exotic", honestly just need more shotgun plays

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

So what direction do you take the offense...

Away from Robiskie calling plays.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I don't expect Mularkey or Robiskie to adapt or change anything at all.

9. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

GREG ROMAN

10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Exotic would be great if we had LeSean McCoy and Reggie Bush in the same backfield, not Murray or Henry.

• Boring Boring x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar