So what exactly do we have to do to make the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Dec 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Current AFC Standings / Games Left
    1 Indianapolis 13-0 / @JAX, JETS, @BUF
    2 San Diego 10-3 / CINCY, @TEN, WAS
    3 Cincinnati 9-4 / @SD, KC, @NYJ
    4 New England 8-5 / @BUF, JAX, @HOU
    5 Denver 8-5 / OAK, @PHILLY, KC
    6 Jacksonville 7-6 / INDY, @NE, @CLE
    -------------------------
    7 Baltimore 7-6 / CHI, @PIT, @OAK
    8 Miami 7-6 / @TEN, HOU, PIT
    9 N.Y. Jets 7-6 / ATL, @INDY, CINC
    10 Pittsburgh 6-7 / GB, BALT, @MIA
    11 Tennessee 6-7 / @MIA, SD, SEA
    12 Texans 6-7 / @STL, MIA, INDY

Looking at the standings and the games left for everyone, this is going to be hard. We have like a 5% chance of getting in the play-offs. Since we had a horrible start Pitt, Jets, NE, and Jags would all own the tiebreaker.

We have to go 3-0 (obviously) and hope that the Jets, Jags, Miami, and Baltimore lose 2 out of 3 and Pitts one loss to get in. Is that correct? Is that even possible? OR is it time to hope for Ls. Heck if we go 0-3 we would pick 12thish, 1-2 15thish.

HERE IS A GREAT WEBSITEhttp://www.sportsclubstats.com/NFL/AFC/South/Titans.html

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

3. PhiSlammaJamma

oh. It's possible.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

this all hurts my brain. I'd say we have around a 10% chance of getting in the playoffs.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

We actually went from 0.3% to 0.4% chance today with the win. So that's the reality. If you strip out all the bias and replace it with real objectivity we are a really long shot.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

but we still have a chance. I mean leaving the house and going to that Christmas day game really needs to mean something or else it will be real easy to blow it off.

Just sayin'

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It's not going to happen. If you're optimistic about it, go play the lottery immediately- and enjoy your odds there as well.

And honestly, I hate this beating up on bad teams just to save Jeff Fisher's job so we can go through it all again in a year or 2. Wish we could lose out if it meant a change in staff.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Like I said in another thread, I gave up on playoffs after losing the first 4 or 5, anything beyond that would just be kinda nice. And I don't think Fisher should be fired. I must say I thought he would be after the Patriots game simply because I didn't think there was any way the team would play for this guy because they flat out quit in that game, but I was wrong. I'd give Fisher at least another year. Going into next year we got our QB situation settled, Britt will only get better, we can solve the problem at defensive end and corner and there wont be this massive pressure on us to start fast like this year.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

as long as that possiblility exists for the final home game thats all I am asking at this time. Of course gotta beat the Fish sunday or Christmas game is just a big cold whoop

10. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Win and pray. And it still probably won't happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar