So what exactly do we have to do to make the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Dec 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This could end up being a repeat of the 06 season, missing by 1 game. Damn!

F YOU Kerry!!!!!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Canadian Titan

Canadian Titan VY & CJ = New SM & EG

Why are you F'ng Kerry, it was Vince who couldn't win that final game against the Pats (who had nothing to play for) AND it was in Nashville, WTF!!

That Xmas game is going to be a great one (not to look past the Fins, who are playing great right now)

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If we miss by 1 lousy game, I'm sending Jeff Fisher hate mail until he leaves. I don't know if Vince could have done much in the snow but waiting 6 weeks to pull that plug on Kerry was stupid. He couldn't even get us 1 damn game.

I guess Vince sucks too since he couldn't go 10-0 and knock the Colts.
    SHAME ON YOU VY, for not being perfect. I HATE YOU! JK you guys know I love me some Vince (no homo).

4. LegolElf

LegolElf Camp Fodder

Best case scenario is Colts go 16-0. If they do, I think we make the playoffs. If they don't, I think we are done. With Saints still undefeated as well and saying they are shooting for 16-0, the Colts should do the same. "You play to win the game", not to rest 3 weeks then lose in the playoffs.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I think the one game that hurt us the most was the Jets game. I mean if Mouton doesn't fumble twice we don't don't give the Jets 2 easy TDs and we easily win. But when you nearly miss the playoffs I guess there's always that one game that haunts you.

The scenarios that need to happen are not that unrealistic but I'd be surprised if we did beat Miami and I'd be in total shock if we got past San Diego.

6. minervalion72

minervalion72 Camp Fodder

7. TitanPredBrent

TitanPredBrent Camp Fodder

Why in the world are so many people so pessimistic? I know I haven't been posting on here long but I know the history of this team, coached by Fisher and Dinger (still unsure and Cecil) as well as the next fan.

If history tells us anything, it would say, 1 game out of the # 6 seed with 3 games left, yup, it's very possible. Sure, the tiebreakers won't help much because the Titans are currently behind 4 out of 5 teams that are in the hunt right now in that category, but they have a chance to overtake Miami this Sunday.

Indy will beat the Jags Thursday, I see no reason Pittsburgh beats the Packers, and I think the Bills will bring the Jets back down so you have The Titans, only trailing the #6 playoff seed to Baltimore by 1 game and Jacksonville and New York 1/2 game, with 2 games left to play. The way the Titans are playing right now and everyone else is as inconsistent, it seems very possible. I think the loss to Indy was a hick up. If the Titans get the chance to do it again in the post season, they win. Peyton will gear into playoff mode and throw to the Titans Secondary all day!

8. minervalion72

minervalion72 Camp Fodder

One thing I believe we have going for us, is I am pretty sure that division wild card ties are the first to be broken. So, if Miami wins their last two, that would mean the Jets only need to lose 1, because Miami would hold the tiebreaker based on them beating the Jets twice. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I bet if Peyton gets hit a couple of times he'll get pulled.

With Manning my fantasy team QB, it's tough to know what to do.

10. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I know what we have to do to make the playoffs. Hope that the entire Jaguars, Broncos, Jets, and Ravens get swine flu and can't play for 2 weeks. That's more likely to happen than us make the playoffs :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar