So, what if ...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by edward nigma, Dec 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

The front office forced Mike Munchak to fire Bruce Matthews (MM would now be responsible for the OL) and Jerry Gray (effectively moving Gregg Williams to the Def. coordinator position) would this get him another year? Let me pose the question this way, would you as a fan be willing to give Munchak another year? Just curious.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Nope.. Why should Munch be forced to make the obvious decision??

If Munch has to be forced to make a decision that's best for the team, then he doesn't need to be in Nashville, period.

• High Five High Five x 9
  3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I think Munch would/will do anything the FO asks of him to keep his job. I don't completely buy the fact that our horrible OL play is all on Bruce. Looks more to me like our guys just aren't that damn good.

As for firing Jerry, I'm totally ok with that.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Umm no, it's time for a total reboot of this franchise. New owner, new coach, and new QB.

5. Old Oiler Fan

Old Oiler Fan Starter

Unfortunately I don't think Munchak has the ability to oversee a creative and innovative offense. He was promoted beyond his capacity it appears. He is a very good offensive line coach and will never be lacking for a job. I also think he would be a good college coach. Penn St would have been a good fit for him.

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

But that's not likely to happen. Munch will be back and so will Jake.

7. XO

XO Nevada Native

No. I'd be pissed.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Not exactly sure what that would solve? Our problems go way beyond Bruce Matthews and Jerry Gray.

9. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

As Kuharsky has always said, they are a package deal. Munch has just as much responsibility for the o-line performance anyway.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Hell, you could very easily argue that Gray has done better as DC this year than Munch has as HC. Our D is 11th in point allowed. 7th in pass defense. 1st in passing TDs allowed.

Sure there's the Gregg Williams factor. But Munch, Williams and everyone else has said all along "This is Jerry Gray's defense". I know that's about as believable as pigs flying, but it's the story the entire organization put out there. So I certainly don't see why Gray should take the fall while Munch gets a pass.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar