So what is wrong with this team?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fishman35, Jan 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I just posted this somewhere else but it can go here too

want to know whats wrong with our team? look no further than the roster

QB - check
    LT - maybe
    LG - ?
    C - ?
    RG - maybe
    RT - ?
    TE - check
    WR1 - maybe
    WR2 - maybe
    RB1 - ?
    Rb2 - maybe
    FB - check

DE - check
    NT - ?
    DE - maybe
    OLB - check
    ILB - check
    ILB - ?
    OLB - check
    CB1 - ?
    CB2 - check
    CB3 - check
    CB4 - ?
    CB - maybe

K - check
    P - check
    PR/KR - ?

all in all 9 glaring holes to fill, and 7 players we could easily upgrade.
    With just 7 draft picks we'll have to kill it in free agency in order to be a competitive team.....

we want results, so to get better results we need better talent..

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Gipson was a Pro Bowler 2 years ago you mean? He was not elected to the Pro Bowl this past season. Gipson looks like he had 2 good seasons in 2013 and 2014 but this past season he dipped. A lot of that has to do with the rest of his secondary also being hurt or not playing very well. I think Gipson is a little overhyped as I see him make more plays on deflections or bad passes chucked up off of pressure on the QB then him breaking on the ball. He's got good hands, is an active player, can tackle and is young...all good things. But I wouldn't overpay for him and Cleveland would be stupid to let him go! But Gipson will be looking for a big money contract and might get it due to his age and the couple seasons he has put up.

Nelson is older, gonna be 33 in September, but coming 2 really good seasons. He made the Pro Bowl this year and led the league in INT's with 8. And I do see him making plays on the ball from an anticipation standpoint either getting to the outside on a Go along the sideline or laying out a TE across the middle in the red zone. Due to his age, he won't get a huge long term deal.

While we are probably left with the above as realistic targets, I'd rather pay more for Eric Berry who is in his prime, is good at everything, is a leader, and can in the box, in CF, and can cover 1v1. Didn't he play in Tenn? He's also a leader! Griff was a leader on this team so replacing that makes this easy!

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Schwenke isn't a maybe?
    We have little at TE behind Walker.
    You think Wright is a maybe?
    You don't think we have a RB on the roster who could be a maybe at RB1?
    How do we not have 2 checks at DE?
    We also need depth at LB...inside and out!
    McCourty's not even a maybe at CB1 but he's a check for cb2?
    So we don't need any Safeties on this D???
    I'd call McCluster at least a maybe at PR. We have no blocking for our returners!

We need to not only 'kill it' in FA and the draft, but with our coaching staff and schemes being able to teach/develop players and put them in their best positions to succeed!!!

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

as far as Im concerned Schwenke is as good as dead
    yea we have ok depth at TE but nothing to write home about
    Wright is a slot guy, nothing more, Id like to aim higher than that
    none of our RB's ar 1's
    Jones is alright, could do better at DE
    Agree about LB's
    McCourty has always been a CB2, only in TN is he a 1, need a real CB1 who erases WR's
    FS is also a need, good eye
    Id be the happiest fan if I never saw McCluster again

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

LOL, yea... We're F'd in the A.

6. Prideful

Prideful Starter

As for the coaching got to agree we was still running whiz system and ever since his system we have went down hill, for the OL i have been saying in other posts that people like Oher and Andy go to other teams and do well that is because of are OL coaching schemes, they both have said that the terminology is different and that is why its easier for them to do well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar