So who are the down to earth players?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Titanup1982, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SARGO127

SARGO127 Starter

A few years ago I went to a Jets Titans Monday night football game in NY, and stayed in the hotel the players stayed in. Jeff Fisher was coming from the gym and I got a few pictures with him and talked for a few minutes...but I hung out with Drew Bennett and his girlfriend in the hotel bar for a bit. Real down to earth and an awesome dude.

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Titans players I can remember meeting and my experience...

Jevon Kearse when he was a rookie. He was extremely nice and humorous.

Steve McNair that same year. He seemed to have his mind elsewhere, signed my SI magazine without looking up.

Kevin Dyson - Very nice and very gracious.

Craig Hentrich - Talked to him for 15 minutes about fishing. It was like I was talking to a friend from high school or something.

Ben Troupe - Nice, quiet, shy. Seemed out of his element.

KVB - Seemed self-important, but maybe he was just in a mood.

Andre Dyson - Was going through the autograph signing motions until I told him I had a "Dyson only" helmet and handed him a mini helmet to sign with Kevin's sig already on it. He perked up and signed it very carefully instead of the usual scribble.

Tulloch - Very nice, seemed appreciative of people turning out to get his autograph.

3. Broken Record

Also... I had the pleasure of interviewing Ola Kimrin shortly before he lost the job to Bironas. Kimrin had been on the squad for most of the off-season, Bironas came in late and stole the job away. Kimrin was, without a shadow of a doubt, the nicest player I've ever met.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

wasn't he the Euro kicker guy. Seems there was a bunch of ESL people on here following him.

5. Broken Record

Yup. He's from Sweden.

6. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Believe it or not, Finnegan is actually pretty cool off the field. You can find videos on YouTube of him being goofy or chilled or taking the time to hang out with little kids and signing autographs.

Here's him singing karaoke at a benefit for leukemia event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI94LdrzSNU&feature=related

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I have an odd history with Titans QB's...

I met Vince at Vanderbilt's graduation 2 years ago. A girl wearing high heels tripped and fell and Vince and I helped her up to her feet. Imagine my surprise when I see VY helping this chick up with me. She had no idea who he was. Vince looked at me and said "She just bit it" and I said "Yep. Totally".

A week to the day before Steve McNair's death I was standing outside of my work, smoking a cigarette. Steve's non-profit was on the same floor as my work but I never thought I'd actually see him. ANYWAYS...so I'm smoking my cigarette and blow the smoke out...enter McNair.

He walked RIGHT THROUGH this HUGE cloud of my cigarette smoke and looked right at me. I honestly thought he was going to hit me. RIP, Steve...thanks for not hitting me.

8. Titans Blue

Titans Blue Camp Fodder

The nicest I ever met was Warren Moon. I used to work for Disney and he always came for ESPN weekends. on my day off I went to studios to finally get my Moon jersey signed personally. I was the only one in the crowd wearing a Titans hat and his Oiler Jersey. I actually caught up with him and his tour guide and tried to get his auto but he had a show to do, but he promised me he would sign after the show. I waited the whole hour for him to finish and as he walked out of the show, a whole group gathered in front of him and i thought he would never sign my jersey at that point but to my suprise he told people to hold on a second and kinda pushed people away and came up to me to sign my jersey. I talked to him for like a minute and I thanked him for signing my jersey and that it meant a lot. He then thanked me for being a fan which was a shock to me. It was a very humble experience that I will never forget and now my moon jersey is signed and framed in my room!

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I'm not a Moon fan but that was a good story

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar