So who are the SPECIAL players to rush the passe

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Feb 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Ruston Webster says that we will do what we can to get a "special player" to rush the passer.

Are their truely any special players in the draft? and if their are will they be available at #20.

Is Avril considered a special player given his production has never come when facing double teams?

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

The 34 guys I don't believe are special, especially not putting them into a 43 lineup. So Ingram and Upshaw don't fit the bill.

Coples may have the most tools to be that player but he won't be there for us and he will be a lazy good for nothing player.

People keep bringing up mercilus... Please go rewatch some games... That kid is a fluke.

Vinny curry of course gets my vote, but probably not the "best" ... I figure he will have an above average career and mainly cause a lot of turnovers...

But special? No. Special goes early, coples could be special... But he won't be.

So in reality, no. The 20th pick will not have a special pass rusher available, they will have to make due and hope and pray to the football gods that whoever they pick will become that player.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Coples does seem like he's got some Albert Haynesworth in him with a dash of Julius Peppers. If we could get him at 20 we'd be set, but he won't last that long so I say that special player for us is Super Mario.

As for Mercilus, the guy is claiming everything has clicked for him and his mentality changed once he lost a piece of his finger and was looking at the insides of his body. If that's really the reason he all of a sudden came together, I'd be fine taking him at 20.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I say give Mario Williams everything we have, draft Barron, and bam we're good money.

• High Five High Five x 5
  5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

You guys have pretty much sold me on Vinny Curry. He'll be there at 20 and I think we should take him, regardless of when he's projected to go.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

:grrhee::grrhee:

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

This is how I feel.

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I wish I had better input on 'who'. I believe there are always special players. We just have to have a little faith in the FO on this. If they weren't any, we'd never get guys like McCarthy in the fourth or Finnegan in the seventh. They are there. '06 was supposed to be the year to get a QB. How did that turn out? They're wrong about that just as often as they're wrong about a draft not having enough talent. Find the right guy and put him in the right situation.

9. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

I am sold on Vinny Curry being our number one overall pick.

What you seen from the East-West game was a guy who could actually pass rush, and has the ability to change his moves to be effective. Once he gets to the Quarterback you see a guy who just doesn't look to get sack numbers, but he looks to make turnovers. That is what I'm intrigue by and think is what make players special is the ability to make big plays.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

My friends tell me i live in the past ....

[​IMG](tennessean.com)

but seriously, had these two guys developed and stayed...

saw this on the titans page of Tenn.com...

also, is Al yelling at pacman?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar