So you want a CB named Clements?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bongo59, Dec 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

CB Clements’ stock likely has risen out of Bills’ price range
    Buffalo

We hear that CB Nate Clements’ strong play in recent weeks virtually assures the fact that he’ll be leaving the Bills via free agency this coming offseason. We hear that the agreement between the Bills and Clements that the team would not use the franchise tag on the 27-year-old for a second consecutive year was written into Clements’ one-year contract for 2006. As a result, the Bills must decide whether they’re willing to make Clements, who boasts excellent size, speed and playmaking ability and was a Pro Bowler after the ’04 season, one of the highest-paid cornerbacks in the game, or allow him to leave. We hear that a number of teams are already lining up to make a run at Clements if he hits the open market. Word is the Bills and Clements have had preliminary discussions regarding a new deal, but that they were so far apart they decided that any further discussion would be a waste of time. With needs at several positions, we hear it’s unlikely that the Bills will break the bank for one player

"Oh and the bidding is said to start at 15-18 million in SB."

2. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

good, dont come here, I dont want him

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

depends on what we are going to ask him to do. if we stick with the same crap zone we always play, there is no sense in paying him number one money if he isnt going to lock people down.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

He backs off Wr's like 10 yards on 3rd and 1. that drives me nuts.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

we do the same thing. watch your recording of the jags game, it happens more than once. i'm shocked more teams dont take advantage of it.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Well, if the top two FA CBs are Clements and Samuel, what are the strengths of each. Samuel is younger and wants less money? And please don't tell me Clements is to Pacman as Samuel is to Reynaldo Hill.

7. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We all know Reynaldo is better then them all.

:werd:

9. hehe

gunny made a funny

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar