So you want a CB named Clements?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bongo59, Dec 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How to avoid the cap crunch in the future..

I believe we should keep all our better players coming up for contracts. I don't like having to replace good to decent players when we don't have to and this year we don't have to.

Competitive offers should be made to bennett-amano-starks-robaire-wade-henry-bell.

Then we have the 2007 guys. Do we want to lose a david stewart or bo scaife? Want not try to do longer term deals with those guys before now? Haynesworth's contract runs out then also.

My take on this team is that we have a good thing going i don't want to make major changes. A couple of players here and there would be nice but i don't want to be changing 8-9 starters. Right defensive end is obviously an area we can improve. In addition to a good backup QB we may be in the market for a runningback if henry and brown both move on.

2. Haynesworth92

Haynesworth92 Fat Albert

I think there's no point to pay #1 money to a CB when we already have a #1. We're better off drafting a solid #2 than paying too much money to an aging Clements.

3. Or we might want to have 2 top CBs...

And I don't know how old you are, but I don't like hearing about any guy who just turned 27 years old this month being described as "aging". :ha:

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Males reach their athletic prime at age 28. After that it's all downhill. Some positions allow brain skills to make up for lack of athletic skills. Running back is not one of those. The consensus in the league is you are washed up at 30, but other positions can be played longer.

5. Dream34

Dream34 Guest

What I think many Titan fans may not realize is that their are two high profile free agent Cornerback prospects (Clements and Asante Samuel). But their are numerous teams that will have alot of cash to spend. So we need to lower our expectations thinking that it is a given that we are going to get either of the big two corner prospects. We need to have a plan C in that case and start discussing what other corner prospects are available.

6. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Our top competition for a Division title next year will be the Colts. Their top 2 receivers are All Pros. It would be wise to have to #1 corners.

7. You dont even know him.. just talking out your :moon2:

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:ha: Might wanna bring out that walking frame.

9. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

Thank you.......

10. Lookee here sonny, in my day you whipper snappers treated us with some respect as we passed by the soda shoppe in our motorcars...

Now... where's my mush?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar