So you want Fisher Fired

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by threeputtsam, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moose4now

moose4now Starter

He's not much of an evaluator at selecting a franchise quarterback "for" his HC, either. And, that (along with the selection of Pacman Jones) seems to have set this team back a bit.

I'm sure Fish would like to have a franchise quarterback and a shutdown corner on his roster. But, because of two wasted picks (one of which he had nothing to do with) this team took a pretty big hit. Yet, Fish still squeezed a 13-3 year out of this team.

And, everyone wants him gone. :rolleyes:

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. TygerNeo

TygerNeo Camp Fodder

Excellent point. I can also add that Bud has been closely following VY since his freshman year of high school when he was a stud and got alot of pub on the news and sports radio. Bud went with his heart instead of his head and should have not butted in.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I see the guys point, we could do a lot worse. But that's not the point. He's lost the team. The player's don't believe in him anymore, their not buying into the system and the team has quit. When that happens it's all over, you have to fire the coach.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

"Fisher can coach. Period." ??

He's actually done a GREAT job of making that a question.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Jedimasterbyrd

Jedimasterbyrd Time Traveler/Jewel Thief

In all fairness you're getting alot of this confused with Floyd Reese.

6. Jedimasterbyrd

Jedimasterbyrd Time Traveler/Jewel Thief

I only started following this team when they arrived in Memphis but I've seen way worse around the league regarding coaches. We are lucky to have Fish, 0-6 sucks but it's not time to give up on a great coach.

7. Addman88

Addman88 Camp Fodder

I agree. We are 0-6, but Fisher is an incredible coach. He has gotten to the Super Bowl and playoffs which proves that he does in fact know how to win. I believe its more of a talent issue rather than a coaching issue.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

blah, Fisher blows ...

We haven't won a playoff game since 2003 and we've certainly had the talent to do so. Fisher can go be "incredible" somewhere else, as for here I believe he's coached his last season. If Fisher was coaching against Paul Brown or Knute Rockne I'd say he might have a good chance, but his ball control run on 3rd and 20 style is a little outdated.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Sure things "could be worse". But come on, is that really a good enough reason to keep a HC around that hasn't won the big one after 15 years with the same organization? I'm not okay with mediocrity and thinking to myself "well, at least we don't have Zorn" doesn't make me feel any better.

And I've asked this question a million times here and still haven't seen an answer from the "keep Fisher" crowd.... how many chances do you want to give ONE guy to bring home a championship? We are currently 15 seasons and counting. Say we keep Fisher around next season and we go 8-8, or sneak into the playoffs and get bounced in the first round... do we AGAIN say "well he's still a good coach and we could do worse" and give him another year? Then another? Another? At some point enough is enough and both the coach and the franchise need to move on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar