Soccer vs Rugby

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Gunny, Dec 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maximus

maximus Starter

Grace should never be mentioned in the same sentence with any sport except figure skating

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I beg to differ THealer.

Ronaldinho's skills aren't in question but he rarely shows more than two or three flashes of brilliance in a 90 minute game. Most of the time his skills don't really do anything to actually win a game. As often as he does something worthy of a highlight reel he tries to do too much & loses posession.

Michael Jordan single almost handedly went out & won games on a regular basis. Ronaldinho's yet to do that once.

4. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

yeah.. comparing him to M. Jordan was a bit much.. but the man is the face of the sport right now

5. Ronaldhino is entertaining I'll give him that...

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

And for his party trick he can chew an apple through a letter box
    :duckrun:

7. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

For some reason, I just can't get into soccer. I like watching it during the World Cup because there is so much national pride and passion (in countries other than America), but I can never get interested into the sport at any other level, especially the MLS crap that we are putting on in the states.

8. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

yeah.. the MLS is lame right now.. i really only get into it when the WC is on.. or they show a Premiership game

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

A soft game?....lol.......have you ever played Rugby union? It's much more physically demanding with the pack play. It is also where football derived from. Rugby is a thinking mans game, where football is more scripted. It's a fantastic sport, but it doesn't translate well to TV, because you can't appreciate the hits unless you have played the game without pads. They look tame compared to the NFL, so the "wow" factor is diminished.

10. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Exactly... you don't have all the equipment to make a cool noise when you get hit, but make no mistake, it hurts like hell. There's been many times where I got hit on the rugby field and just felt like laying there for a couple of hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar