Soccer vs Rugby

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Gunny, Dec 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

We used to have a lot of ex football players from college come out. Most of them lasted about two weeks. Without pads they weren't really thrilled about hitting anyone, or being hit. 45 minute halves and playing both ways was a total shock for them too.

2. Its in rugby where you'll see 'real tackles', as in wrapping the guy up and taking him down, I love football more, but a lot of the time, its more of a hit than a tackle..

3. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Correct. In rugby, you can't do those shoulder checks, you have to use your arms to make a legal tackle. It's a great game, but not easy to understand for the average spectator.

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I wouldn't call Union a soft game but it definately has a lot less appeal with fans the League.

League is more exciting to watch & much more physical. I was asked to try out for my local Union club a few years ago & it just didn't interest me at all. Had it been a League club I wouldn't have hesitated to give it a go.

5. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

The comparison I was making was to Rugby League - not NFL. I have played a number of seasons of league (fullback or centre) and played Union for a couple of years at school, primarily at fullback.

I found the contact in league was much more demanding, and Union frustrated the hell out of me, as it continues to do.

6. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

What are the main differences between league and union?

7. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

Hey Michi how are you?

8. 13 players for each team in league, 15 for union, there's no scrums in league, you basically have six chances to attempt to score in league, if your tackled a 6th time, you change over, so that the other team attacks your try area, therefore, the game goes at a much faster tempo...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar