Some Info on that Pacman/Big Al confrontation....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Nov 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Pacman still causing problems for Titans
    Jay Glazer

The Tennessee Titans have had a surprising season of success despite the erratic play of their quarterback Vince Young. If they take care of business off the field, they could quietly surprise some teams down the stretch on the field.

The two guys the Titans most have to worry about are DT Albert Haynesworth and Pacman Jones, who already has been suspended for the season by the NFL. Even though Pacman is not permitted to participate with the team, he and Haynesworth are once again in the spotlight for the wrong reasons.

The team is investigating an alleged altercation between the two players at a Nashville nightclub called Gibson's. Nobody seems to be coming clean with what actually occurred, but the organization is trying to garner the details of an incident that surely has to make Jeff Fisher scratch is head.

Here's what we know and what we've heard regarding the incident.

Regardless of what actually transpired, teammates say Haynesworth clearly appears to have taken a nasty blow to his lip. His lip was swollen and cut this week.

Team sources say Haynesworth's story is that he and Pacman happened to be at the same club, and Pacman took issue with Haynesworth for not getting his back during his troubles. The version Haynesworth gave some on the team is that there was some pushing and the 320-pound defensive tackle tripped backward over a chair.

Another story making its way through the locker room is that there was in fact an altercation, but that a punch was thrown and connected with the big guy's mouth. Whether it was Pacman who threw the alleged punch or someone from his group is uncertain.

One thing is clear, Haynesworth may be having the best season of any defender in the NFL (aside perhaps from the Colts' Bob Sanders) and is in line for a huge free-agent pay day. With free agency looming, Haynesworth needs to make sure he steers clear of any sign of off-field trouble. Basically, if he sees Pacman in a place, that's not the place he needs to be.

As of now, no punishment appears to be heading Haynesworth's way because the team has no information that really would warrant a punishment.

Fisher gathered his team and informed them that if they want to continue to have nights off like he gave them the Saturday prior to the Week 11 Monday night game in Denver, they must avoid these situations.

Link - http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7487406

on that page there is a video version...i liked it more than the reading...but either way ull get the idea...

on a seperate note...some more albe praise...this time from CBS Clark Judge - "Now I know Tennessee's Albert Haynesworth is the defensive MVP. In the eight games he played this season the Titans were 6-2 and allowed more than 22 points once. In the three he's missed they're 0-3 and hemorrhaged 28, 34 and 35 points."

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Sounds like it is 100% pacman's fault. What a surprise.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yeah- right. I'm sure Albert said "Hey Pac- let me buy you a drink" and then Pac threw it in his face....

Come on RT- AH has fought with NUMEROUS Titan players before. I think they are equally guilty.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Pac doesn't even have to be on the team to be a distraction...

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

lol @ haynesworth getting snuffed by a guy that's 5'6. No wonder this Hammy is keeping him out so long. Let's hope he doesn't break a nail when he comes back.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

This whole story is a load of:

[​IMG]

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Distractions Shmistractions. We need both of them on the field to be competitive. Them getting in fights and whatever else isn't hurting the team any. Them being gone is. Smoke crack if you want, as long as you pass the drug test and keep playing well. Win.

8. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

But the rope is around Pacman's neck River. When someone in the situation Pacman is in faces some confrontation, he sometimes has to swallow his pride and move on instead of throwing out punches. Or better yet, let me say 'respond with punches' to avoid any twists this thread might take.

Whatever the situation is, i'm sure AH didn't walk up to Pacman and yell out "fight me or die"..

Whatever happened to start the altercation, Pacman could have backed off.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

The only way to settle this is to make AH vs Pacman part of the next UFC PPV.

Someone call Dana White.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Can I make it sound like it happened that way for the UFC PPV?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar