Some more Schwartz talk.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SupDawg, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Over how long a period, Jeff? One year is a fluke, 3 is a trend, 6 is ???

2. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

I don't understand you Schwartz lovers. Our defense has stunk pretty much since he got here. You sound like Wycheck does in the morning, a homer. We have spent waaay too many high draft picks on D and money on FA over the years for defensive players for our D to still be ranked as low as it is. It is a coaches job to COACH (teach) players how to play up to and sometimes beyond their potential. I haven't seen that from Schwartz yet. And to keep apologizing for him year after year, game after game is beyond me. You would think you would want to see some type of improvement in that area as the guy went along be we haven't and we won't. So pull the heads out of the sand and actually look at the results. A game here and there doesn't make it corrected or good.:grrr:

3. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Other than Pac, we haven't had much luck drafting secondary help. I hope we start going to proven FA's in that area, instead of trying to develop players.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

TJ- don't you get tired of poking this?

[​IMG]

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It keeps the forum spicy. I was growing tired of all the "Vince love" threads.

;)

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

In this what have you done for me lately league, Schwartz & or his players have stepped things up since the Jags blow out.

His overall stats since he's been here suck but unless a team takes him away to be their head coach our current run will likely end up with Schwartz staying put.
    :rant:

7. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Schwartz still has better players... And Williams still has better rankings...

IMO, we are more talented than the Redskins... And they still outrank us...:rolleyes:

And besides, this year is an aberration for Williams...

LDE 99 - Andre Carter
    LDT 96 - Cornelius Griffin
    RDT 95 - Joe Salave'a
    RDE 93 - Phillip Daniels
    SLB 53 - Marcus Washington
    MLB 98 - Lemar Marshall
    WLB 57 - Warrick Holdman
    LCB 24 - Shawn Springs
    RCB 22 - Carlos Rogers
    SS 23 - Troy Vincent
    FS 21 - Sean Taylor

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Understatement.

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

That may be one of the most assinine statements i've read in awhile.

It's not about luck, it's about DEVELOPMENT OF PLAYERS. Why do you think rookies play better in our system than veterans? because they digress with the coaching. Without developing our young players, our team, any team would be doomed and destined to be bottom feeders until the end of time. What you are saying is that we have to buy each and everyone of our defensive starters, and HOPE they play as a cohesive unit. :irked: Not going to happen, plus we don't have the money. Take a look at the best defensive teams, Chicago, Miami, New England, Dallas, they all develop their young talent very well. It doesn't matter who they plug in, they get the job done and they aren't exposed as much as our "Studs" are.

10. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

So our coaching staff of paid professionals doesn't know anything about developing players? I guess they just hire anyone off the street. Fisher must be blind that his coaches are so bad...maybe you could write him a letter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar