Some positives on the season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Dec 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

So we can draft a rookie who will be a guaranteed top 10 back in yards? One the will never get hurt or fumble? Knows all the protection schemes and execute them as well as he does? No you cant.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

If we're getting a new coach, the schemes don't matter - they'll likely be different. With that being said, i'm sure Munchak will be the coach next year. It's the Titan way.

Anyways, you're paying $10mil because he's doesn't fumble and knows protection schemes? A "guaranteed top-10 back in yards", he sits at #12 right now, #9 last year, and #14 the year before (just rushing yards).

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

It's not about whether or not CJ is good, or who likes him or not. The truth is, he is making ENTIRELY too much money for average return. This team needs help in a lot of areas, and losing his salary would be a huge boost. Not to mention, quality runningbacks can be found in the 2nd-3rd rounds, and sometimes even later (Zac Stacy as an example). Time to move on from this coaching staff and the 2008 days.

4. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

He will actually only make 8 this and next year and 7 after that. Ill be interested where he finishes this year. He has been top 7 since schwenke has been playing. Stacy is an anomaly and hardly every happens. We have to many other needs such as OT, DE, and S to worry about a RB. Another year with this Oline and hopefully new tackles will help him quite a bit. His playmaking ability alone is why we need to keep him. Not many players can do what he does.

5. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

1. Losing his huge salary would help us fill those holes .

2. What playmaking ability? Do what he does? HE HASN'T DONE IT IN THREE FREAKING YEARS! I would know, I've had the bum on my fantasy team all three years.

He's gotta go. He is providing hyundai production at Bently payments. Seven mill to not fumble? He knows the system, which we all agree sucks anyway?

Have our standards really fallen that Damn far?!

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Bingo. Later round RBs just these last two years, who have produced: Zac Stacy, Alfred Morris, Andre Ellington, Joseph Randle, Daryl Richardson, Bryce Brown, & Vick Ballard.

I believe he makes $10 mil, if I remember correct. JCBRAVE what # you got? I don't believe it has anything to do with Schwenke, I think it has to do with the teams we've been playing recently.

7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I like CJ, but he isn't doing anything special. He has had 1 significant game....He may be a playmaker once in a blue moon, but he isn't going anywhere unless there is a hole you could drive a rig through. I just don't see how people can say he is so important to keep around and that he changes our offense....We have had a losing record for the past 4+ years with him and they don't utilize him well to begin with. He also has average hands. I think they need to cut ties while they can still get something for him if possible. He isn't exactly young anymore either at 28 at the RB position. So what happens when his speed declines? This team has issues WAY more important than worrying about keeping CJ happy...And that is not "Cj Hating"

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Salary due to CJ next year is $8M. Then another $8M in 2015, followed by $7M in 2016.

If we cut him after this year we only save $17M, not the remaining $23M he's owed.

His cap number is actually favorable moving forwards, but still, we could do better.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

C.J. has grabbed the attention of Jason (one of the over the cap writers) as one of the 2014 cap cuts.

Its a pretty bad list to find yourself on. List includes Mark Sanchez, Sidney Rice, Jason Babin, and Matt Schaub.

10. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

:cj:" I like money and things like dat."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar