some things that are buggin me

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by in-VINCE-ible09, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Running game

First off i think this week chris henry should get some playing time and chris brown should get more lendale white is a good power back but not every big back is jerome bettis in other words give him 10 to 12 carries mostly short yardage situations and give chris about 15.

Passing game

Vince has the accuracy let him throw the ball more and occasionally deep.
    Eric moulds is a great 3rd down sure handed reciever but i dont think we have the deep threat.

PS: I dont care if pacman is a felon or an ******* he is a great shutdown corner and if he was on galloway this weak he doesnt get so many big plays.

I HAVE ONLY BEEN TO 4 TITANS GAMES BECAUSE I LIVE IN flORIDA AND THEY LOSE EVERYTIME I GO (I WENT TO THE TAMPA GAME)

2. Titan1216

Titan1216 Starter

You should quit going

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Then quit going to the games. ;)

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Running game is horrible right now. VY isn't quit to the point as a pure passer to take games over when the running game sucks yet so our offense is pretty poor right now. VY needs to stop trying to be a strictly pocket passer right now thats not his game. He would be much more effective if he mixed it up scrambling more often would help our offense out a lot right now. Throw in some rollouts and bootlegs to mix it up. Our Off. is so predictable right now it's pathetic.

Micheal Turner would look good in a Titans uniform before the trade deadline a 2nd rounder and maybe a 4th would most likely get him. I don't want to wait until FA when teams are throwing him money. We need W's now.

Pacman is definitly missed but I think Griffin at CB would make a big impact. Finny and Griff should be our 1-2 CB's but it will never happen since we paid Harper money and he's a vet.

Our offseason should be another busy one because we have some major holes to fill. O-Line could use some help especially at G. WR needs an overhaul except for Davis, Roydell, and maybe BJ. RB should be up at the top unless C-Hen blows up and even then we need to get another back.

LB depth is a must with both OLB's atleast 30 yrs old now and our MLB is non-existent. A big time DE is a must as well opposite KVB and Big Al must be resigned or we could struggle.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

No way you get Turner for just a 2nd and a 4th, ain't happening.

I think you should Gage to that list, he's coming on strong lately, whereas I haven't seen anything from Davis really.

umm, you may not notice our MLB, but considering nobody's having success running the football on us, I'd say it's fair to assume he's doing he job just fine. We're not a Tampa 2 Coverage team, so don't expect our MLB to be dropping deep in pass coverage. He's a run first backer and it seems to work.

6. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I think the running and passing game are related. When defenses try to stop our rushing attack, they stack the line and keep our wide outs loosely covered which is the reason why we're having a little more success in our passing attack than the rushing.

I think we'd all like to see pac return, but in the end his future with our franchise depends on him and not Jeff or even the commish.

Heck.. If I was on Galloway he wouldn't have made that 70yd catch. Heck all he had to to is extend his arm a few inches to disrupt the catch instead of guess and jump which was what Harp did. Dolt fans have been right about #20. He's OK at zone but rather inconsistant 1-1.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Actually the play in question was a zone scheme, either Cover 2 or 3 rolled to our right side, meaning Lowry had deep right/middle and Harper came back to cover deep left. Certainly not man, because Galloway came on a post crossing pattern from opposite Harper.

The early long pass to Clayton (I think) could have been man, although I question why Bulluck was so deep if that was the case.

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

As frustrating as some of the occasional deep passes have been, I look at the last 5 games and have to say that the secondary is playing pretty well... especially given that the front 4 are absolutely stuffing the run, which is forcing teams to test the secondary more. Harper/Lowry should have made that play, though - but all in all they are better than I expected.

There's been a lot of talk about Vince's passing and Lendale's rushing, and while neither have been perfect I can only point to a handful of plays each game that I thought they blew it. VY started out throwing too high, but he did settle down - and at the end of the day 11-14 means he's putting it where the receivers can get to it. The INT that should have been an easy TD to Roydell was a terrible pass but a good decision. So not perfect, but you can't expect perfection.

The thing that gets me is if we're facing 8-9 man fronts, why in the world are we not burning them with more screens, slants and skinny posts? Vince still struggles occasionally with some quick outs (as we saw Sunday), but there are a handful of passes he's really excelled with and we're not seeing much of them. It's just common sense - if they are crowding the line, burn them in the flat or over the middle. But we're just trying to pound Lendale in there anyway. The fact that we're still getting 3 yards a pop is probably an indication that the line and the RBs are doing a great job with what they're given. But we've got to give them something better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar