Something about Fisher I don't get

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Jun 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Fisher will play a guy, no matter how bad he is, throughout a season. And then he will get rid of him.
    Two example off the top of my head is: Nick Harper and Lamont Thompson.

Most people knew these guys stank it up during their times here, whether it be for a few seasons or their last season, they play the 16 games and then are cut/not resigned.

Why on earth would you play a guy for 16 weeks and then get rid of them when you know they aren't going to be back the next year. Surely you would determine that they suck, bench them and try the next guy and see how he does.

Fisher's method just puts too much in to the next guy to get it done early next season when there is too much at stake.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yep

3. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

I don't get it either.

It's just another example of how Fisher's prowress as a great head coach is seriously exagerated.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

His player management/strategy of players is his weak spot. He doesn't seem to be looking to the future.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yup. Sounds like some classic Fisher stuff.

6. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

i mean the answer is obvious is it not?????????///

7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

You're right in certain scenarios but there are examples of the opposite. Kearse this past season. Griffin over Lowry etc...

I noticed you didn't mention Reynaldo Hill. :moon2:

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I agree a guy like LT starts for 2 seasons and then gets cut. That is a big drop. How many other examples do we have of this?

Maybe it was just a matter of bringing in better talent to replace him.

Are there really that many examples of this to signify a trend?

I blame Mike Muncheck for the offensive line failures of 2006 when we had Piller starting even though he played poorly and Bell out of position at RT. Thank goodness Piller got hurt and with Bell at his rightful position at guard and a stud in Stewart at RT it was night and day how much better our line was.

We ended up cutting Piller the next year and after nobody else wanted him he retired. Nobody wanted him but he was starting for us.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Fisher had no problem recognizing CJ's talent and playing him ahead of a guy who had 1100 yards the year before.

Another total brain cramp was in 07 when we had finny still playing NB with Griffen starting at CB and Calvin Lowry starting at safety. They did finally make the right change.

10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar