Something Funny about Big-AL

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

So I just found out something pretty funny about the Titans attempt to keep Albert Haynesworth a Titan.

I guess the Titans final offer was 4year/34mil.

Instead Albert Haynesworth took a 7year/100mil contract, I wonder why.

Albert was also offered him a $120 million deal that could potentially increase by 20% by the Buc's.

Just an interesting fact to think about as we head into the free agency. The Titans were NO WHERE close to keeping Albert Haynesworth. He was offered 70Mil more by 2 teams. 34 mil for one of the best DL? wow. I can't wait to see what we offer Tully, Bulluck, and other FAs we have.

2. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

I don't know how much of a FINAL offer it was when he was signed so quickly into the free agency period. I think it was a world speed record that even CJ2K couldn't beat.

Besides, I think the Titans evaluation of his value was pretty spot on. Why overpay? He is not worth 100 million.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Agreed.

Disagree. - CJ can beat anything. :wink2:

Agreed.

4. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

Umm, that was 34mil for 4 years.... The 100mil is spread over 7 years...

They weren't THAT far off the mark. Plus we don't know all the details, such as; How much was guaranteed, what incentives were in place etc..

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

we're cheap, nothing new.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

And Al sucks.

We can pay Jevon Kearse to be overrated and limp off the field every few downs for much less.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

check!

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Big Al sent a Email to Fisher asking what the Titans defense was ranked this season.

9. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

big al doesnt suck. 2008, griffin, hope and finny were probowlers and harper was servicable, and no one could run on us, and we allowed like 14 points per game

2009, one thing changes (DC never change cuz fish really calls the shots) and that is fat al is gone. all the sudden, harper is the worst CB in the nfl, grif and hope are aweful, and good teams put up crazy points against us.

redskins are a trainwreck team. i find it funny that fat al, who spoke out about how this organization was run and acted like he knew his stuff, went to one of the most dysfunctional franchises in the NFL.

anyway, i dont watch or keep up with anything that the redskins do... but when i caught them on monday night for a game, albert was doing his thing.

10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Maybe Mike can turn the Skins around next year. with the right system Albert should do great, but they have to build that Defense around him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar