Something Funny about Big-AL

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

So the deal was essentially 4 years for $48 mil with $41 guaranteed. I know if I had that deal and the Titans offer on the table (which probably didn't have anything close to $34 mil guaranteed) I'd take the Skins offer as well.

The only stupid thing AH did IMO was he should have gone to every decent team there was to see if they could better the Titans offer and NEVER play for the Skins. He might not have quite made the same money as the Skins but he could have bettered the Titans offer and played for a real team.

2. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

We should have locked him up during the 2007 season - after his stomping incident but well before he smelled his payday. I bet he would have taken around 5 years $35M and been pretty darn happy about it.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The Titans would have been the laughingstock of the entire sports world if they gave a guy $35 mil after he stomped on another player's head. Do you think the coaches had a crystal ball? In 2007, AH was about as far from a sure thing as there was in the league. There was no way he was getting a contract extension back then.

Besides, everyone is missing the point: Albert sucks now that he's paid. It's fantastic that the Titans didn't pay him 100 mil. It's fantastic that the Titans didn't pay him 34 mil. Heck, it's fantastic that the Titans didn't pay him 15 mil. The point is that Albert doesn't perform unless he's playing for a contract. Once he gets it, he's a shell of himself. That shell is still somewhat good, but it's never going to be worth what you paid. He is going to be constantly "hurt" and he will take himself out of games at key moments.

There is no doubt in my mind that letting him go was the only reasonable course of action. We should be thankful he's gone. I won't be surprised if he fades even farther from relevance next year and is out of the league in another few years. He's set for life now and he knows it.

4. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

albert doesnt suck tho, at least from what ive watched... just cuz he doesnt get stats doesnt mean that hes not dominating double teams, which is what i saw him do the 1 time i watched

5. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

The players and coaches have a saying....the real player shows up when there's no contract/money on the line. Albert was disliked by a lot of his teammates for his lockerroom, practice and on-field shenanigans. He was lazy, rarely in shape and took plays off. Pro Bowl Albert showed up when it was contract time. Had the Titans given him a big payday, the old lazy, bullshxtting antics would have returned.

Same goes with Lendale. From Day 1, his position coach, other players and even Eddie George encouraged Lendale to get in shape. They advised him that his play and his career would be enhanced by being in shape. Lendale made excuses. CJ is drafted, he sees his playing time diminishing, it's a contract year. He found it in himself to eat better, work out harder, lose weight and muscle up. Lendale gets a cushy contract or signed for multiple years by a team, he's going back to Patron and Doritos.

It's just nature. Kind of like when a woman wants him to put a ring on it. You always wear super hot clothes, high heels, hair always cute, you come to bed looking like a Victoria's Secret model, you make him sandwiches for post sex nutrition, you put cookies in the oven right when he starts eating dinner, so that he gets warm cookies for dessert. You do "special" things while he's driving.

After you get the man, you don't do so much. You start wearing Ugg boots, wear your hair in a ponytail, come to bed in an oversized flannel nightgown, complain about his sandwich breath and tell him to get out of bed to eat his food, ask him to make the cookies. When he wants something "special" while he's driving, gasp and say, "I'm somebody's Mother, what if somebody see us!"

• High Five High Five x 4
  6. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

Let me holler at that

7. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

so the "real" women keeps it real even after marriage... are you a real women?

8. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

btw, who are you? you talk like you are around the organization alot

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Where can I get one of these??
    Cuz this is what I started with. My own fault, I know. Should have made her work for her Scooby snacks.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I gave my wife a pair of Ugg boots once.

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar