Something new to talk about....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, May 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I just wanted to talk about mcnair a bit..something other than the draft..and how overall stats dont mean much. I was thinking about some of those amazing wins we had w/ him under center over all those yrs he was w/ us...and i was lookin @ his stats.....

if u notice that he never passed for more than 3500 yards in a season nor has he eclipsed the 25 pass TD mark....ever....

but can u say he was not one of the best in the leauge during his time w/ us (he really wasy considered one of the best qbs)

stats miss so many thigns....

heart, ability, leadership, teamwork, cluth"ness", and so on...

ur thoughts??

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

He was the MVP once.

3. dgood

dgood Guest

Look at Vince.....his stats sucked last year. But he was still considered a great QB because of his ability to lead the team to wins.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Stats aren't everything. The numbers also keep going up. His numbers were relatively better then.

5. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

Look at Kitna's stats last year versus wins. I would rather have a winner at QB, like Vince, than a stat monster, like Kobe Bryant. This is a team sport, ya know.

I like how thet Titans have brought guys in the fold in the last couple of years that know how to win.....Hope, Givens, Thornton, VY, Lendale, Michael Griffin, Nick Harper, even Justin Gage.

6. PickledMidget

By the way, I totally agree about McNair. The dude is a champ!

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

let's not go overboard....

8. PickledMidget

Ok Ok, but he was part of a winning oraganization.....is Eddie Berlin still there? (that's a joke).

9. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

Steve McNair is one of the two toughest men in the NFL. And I really do beleive that, just overall heart, desire, and toughness.

the other, of course is Brett Favre

10. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Patrick Ramsey was pretty tough the beating he took in Washington....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar