Something really cool I just thought of.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Playmaker, Jan 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ya right leading tackler for the longhorns last 2 seasons i think, thats including that amazing national championship defense which wooped usc

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Vince Young whipped USC. USC still hung 38 points on that Texas D.

3. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

I say Griffin was not good last year because I watched every single UT game, and I saw him playing poorly with my own eyes. Stats don't show the coverages he blew. Look at Anthony Gonzales's stats against UT. Guess who was usually attempting to cover him. The list goes on and on. He had a great year on special teams. The pass defense, however, was among the very worst in all of college football. Hmm...

4. Ctex

Ctex Guest

I guess one man's trash is another's treasure. I think Griffin had good coverage skill at the college level and some of the best in the safety class of 2007. I watched the same games and I see him diagnose the play and react. I see a sure open field tackler. I'll give you that the Texas pass defense was not much to talk about, but there is much more involved in that besides Griffin.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Like?

Don't they have a big DT in Okam, a pass rusher in Crowder, the Thorpe award winner in Ross? What else would you like to talk about???

Gut

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Huff hs 4.3 speed and projected to potentially play S or CB. I think Griffin is a little better athlete than football player and despite his tackle numbers, he makes a lot of mistakes in pursuit and tackling. I think he'll be moved to FS in the NFL unless they can coach up his pursuit angles and tackling skills.

I think he's got the athleticism to be a first rnd pick but won't go til rnd 2 because he's a bit of a risk. He is an excellent special teamer.

Gut

7. Ctex

Ctex Guest

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/01/26/senior.bowl/index.htmll

I agree Griffin will likely be a better free saftey. But I don't think it has to do with technique (although there is always room for improvement).

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Can I make a suggestion? Don't read CNN or Sports illustrated if you wanna REALLY have an idea of what's going on with draft prospects. For example...

Willis didn't help himself? He was good all week and was MVP for his team in the game....but he hurt his stock? Funny!

Quentin Moses gets knocked for showing up 'lighter' than expected? Yeah, by about 6 lbs. So how come Okoye shows up 20lbs lighter and all you here is about how great he is. He is an excellent prospect, but now he's a 'light' prospect himself...though a Sports Illustrated won't mention that...he's too good of a story.

And Troy Smith was the best QB in the Senior Bowl and his most important thing was getting his height measured coming in at 6' even (rumors were he'd be 5'11"). He didn't hurt himself at all and probably helped considering coaches could see how he took to NFL coaching.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar