Something to keep in mind...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Gut, Feb 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

IF the CBA isn't finished by the draft, I think you will see more teams gamble on need picks over best player available...especially at QB.

With normal free agency, I could see a Locker, Newton or Gabbert fall to late 1st or even into rnd 2. Without free agency happening first, I think some teams will panick. Some teams may look at it the opposite way in that IF they don't draft a QB, they will simply get one in free agency...which might be easier said than done.

Gut

2. 24

24 Starter

Without the CBA, teams may be wary of selecting players who aren't NFL ready. Players like Newton need OTAs, training camp, etc. to adjust to the league. I could definitely see teams going for the safer picks.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

True...

But a lot of those teams will have other options (though not good) at QB. Do you think there would be a significant difference in starting Jake Locker from day 1 vs starting Cam Newton? Locker, Ponder and Mallet might be the only 'top' qb's able to start from day 1 WITH OTA's and training camp. Otherwise, I think you'll see the Kerry Collins' of the world get a lot of calls in free agency and a lot of teams will keep their vet QB's for that reason.

Gut

4. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

This is something that scares me a little. I'm afraid we're going to reach at 8 and take a QB when no QB's in this draft are worth taking that high. We have a lot of holes on defense and could get a stud player at 8 and I hope that's what we do. Do you guys think we'll reach at 8? After listening to Munch at SportsFest I'm afraid they might.

5. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

This is also scaring the junk out of me.. I seriously hope Munch is smart enough to see that no QBs are worth taking 8th and that the talent at defense is a much bigger appeal...

There is a much better selection on QBs for the second round

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I pray to God he get's a lot of calls. He's got no business staying a Titan, and knocking people out with his out of bounds passes.

7. appstater53

appstater53 Camp Fodder

please no QB!! can't draft on needs alone. it just so happens our needs are mostly on the defensive side of the ball, so we should be able to draft the bpa and fill one of those needs on the d side. unless its prince a. which i have heard thrown around by some people. I feel like our corners are good enough to where it is not a need. i just hope he gets drafted before 8 so he is not even a choice.

8. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I don't think we take Prince unless they think he can play safety, or unless they think Finny or Verner can move to saftey. Safety is a need but not as big of a need as Dline or LB. I think Munch realizes, as an ex-offensive lineman that the game is won in the trenches and that we have a huge need to upgrade our size on the D-line. I just hope Dareus, Fairley, Bowers are still there. If not, maybe Von Miller will still be there.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You can never have too many good corners. I'll keep saying that for those unaware.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

we need more quality corners for when we play the colts and they run their 3 or 4 wr sets....i wouldnt mind prince as it would give us a trio of corners that are good but i wouldnt mind trading back to pick up another 2nd or 3rd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar