Sonic Boom

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Blazing Arrow, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Chris Johnson is our sonic

and

Bironas is our Boom!

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Bironas did miss one that he should have made. If he'd made it, the Texans would have needed a TD, not just a FG on that last drive, which our kickoff team routinely let them start near FG range...

3. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

He should have made? It was a 49 yarder. That is no chip shot. You are spoiled.

Boom has a 60 yarder and a 53 yarder as game winners. He BOOMS!

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Yes, he should have made it. He made longer than that in the game tonight. It's in his range, it's what he gets paid to.
    It's good he made 2 out of 3, but he doesn't deserve any kind of extra props unless he made all 3.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

His kick offs were also below par.

He was clutch when we needed it but he's not at the top of his game right now.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

7. tex-titan

tex-titan Camp Fodder

Go look at any kickers record. Once you get out to 50 yards you are lucky if you make 50% of them.

Right now from 50+ yards there have been 55 attempts and 30 made... 54%

Kicks up to 40 yards should be 85-90%.

There is a reason a lot of coaches would rather go for it on 4th down than try a long field goal.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I love Bironas! Every time he backs up and gets ready, I do the song that Chris Berman does (My my my i yi woo. M M M My Bironas!....) Man I love having fun players. I even miss the Pacman noise he use to do. But the problem with Bironas is that 1.) he's spoiled us to death with that leg, and 2.) if he misses were in a bad spot. It gives good field position to the opposition. But lately were getting some 3 and outs, which helps decide whether we can afford to miss those long attempts. But yes at this point he should be making any attempts 49-60 yards away it doesn't matter. If he shouldn't make them, he should attempt them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar