Sorry, SEC fans... It's now basketball season

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

How much of it came down to coaching?....

Keep trying.

2. Deuce Wayne

Uhh... Maybe according to everyone under 18 yrs old...

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Deuce Wayne

You're bad at this.

Stop.

4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Okay then, go ahead, tell me what a naked is? What it means to level a ballscreen? A slip? Chalk talk for me Deuce, since you're obviously in a position to critique Hall of Fame coaches

5. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

im 22 but that still has no meaning to thinking that Michigan's freshman class of 91 could compare with the freshman class that coach Cal has brought in at Kentucky. Deuce Wayne Michigan might have made it to the championship but preseason they were ranked as 15th in the country whereas Kentucky was ranked number one and considered by many to be able to run the table and have a perfect season. I'm just saying that just because you might have "been around" doesn't mean you know the facts...

6. Deuce Wayne

... I played basketball 'til 17 and an offer from our very own APSU, guy.

And I have google even if I didn't. You're trying way too hard...

7. Deuce Wayne

Because back in 91, no one expected a team of Freshmen to do anything.

Back then teams stuck together for FOUR years. Meaning the competition was MUCH, MUCH stiffer.

If you think any 3 of these kids on this KY squad will have half the careers Jalen Rose, Chris Webber, and Juwaun Howard had in the NBA combined... you're insane.

8. jdog

jdog I like beer!

With all the basketball jargon being thrown around I have lost track of what this thread was about. Oh yeah SEC rules.

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Stick to preaching the Fab 5 as the best recruiting class ever, because that's about the only thing you've said right since you were 17. You obviously don't know what you're talking about I don't care if you played at Duke and for the Lakers.

Coach Cal took a single digit win mid major program (UMASS) and turned them into a consistent contender and to the final four. Then he took another mid major, 15-16 Memphis, and made them a contender for a decade and took them to the National Championship.

Now he's at Kentucky which was down before he got there, has won a national championship and because he has earned the luxury of pulling 5 star prospects he must not be a good coach, right? What kind of sense does that make?

11 NCAA Tournaments
    10 Second Rounds
    7 Sweet 16's
    5 Elite 8's
    2 Final Four's

All of that BEFORE he ever stepped foot on Kentucky's campus.

10. Deuce Wayne

Kansas vs Memphis.

Watch that game.

Then tell me he can coach.

Be honest- you have no idea. All you know is Cal is a "hot name".

*** off or read up. Stat queen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar