Sorry- the offensive line is not an excuse.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Oct 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Hey, that's the Vince Young theory!

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Once again: The holes and lanes where EVERYWHERE Sunday. Blocking wasn't a problem- vision and indecisiveness was.

3. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I agree that there were more holes than in any previous game, but at the same time I also saw lineman not sustaining their blocks long enough. The run game still needs work..both with the line and CJ.

Props to CJ on the 100 yards, but he didn't achieve them like an elite RB would.

4. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Vision? That's very possible.

Indecisiveness? No..did you even watch? He didn't stay in the backfield long at all and hit the line almost immediately on probably 20 of his runs.

5. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

You all must have the new 3d tv technology cause I didn't see holes everywhere. See here's what I think the difference is between CJ and Ringer. CJ is running up and then looking and picking his way for what he can get. He approaches the hole like this everytime now because he is so used to it not being there. So when its there, he is not getting to it quick enough before it closes so he gets his 0-4 yrds on avg. Ringer on the other hand expects that hole to be there everytime which is why when its there he breaks the mid to long run and when its not he bounces back into the backfield typically losing yards because he just ran up the backside of lineman or got met in the hole by an incoming defender. Right now if you ran the two the same amount of carries I honestly think they would be within ten yards of each other at the end of the game.

Now fix the line to where that hole not being there is the abnormality and our run game will improve (and I'm not talking about against the Browns).

6. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

By the way I just rewatched the game and he had 15 carries for 84 yards before the 4th quarter. So most of his yards didn't come in garbage time. That like 5.5 ypc at that point.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

Don't you dare use stats and facts to support your case!

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Haters make things up to support their claims, real fans use facts.

Dude had a great game considering everything that has happened. How some of you fail to see that just shows your hating on CJ.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

There is nothing wrong is saying the Titans OL is below average as a run-blocking unit. Many OLs excel in one area. This one pass blocks as good as any in the league. When Amano moved over and Harris stepped in, the run blocking declined. Combine this with teams learning how to maintain CJ and CJ's own decline (yes, I feel he's less explosive) and you have a drop-off though it should be nothing as dramatic as we saw in the first three games.

I do think CJ is improving and will get better. I think he'll see more lanes as Hasselbeck continues to be successful and teams have to respect our TEs. Maybe I've drank the koolaid but I'm optimistic the Titans run game will continue to improve.

:koolaid:

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Intellectuals come up with their own facts, CJ jock riders take other peoples information because they can't defend their jock riding.

Ha, talk about flawed logic.

By that logic, Rex Grossman is playing his way into the hall of fame right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar