Sounds too good...(relating to moss)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I think the chances are diminishing that Moss re-signs with the Patriots. I think money will talk.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=yasinskas_pat&id=3274477

"Tennessee Titans: They're another team with a ton of salary-cap room and they're on the verge of falling way behind in a division where the Texans finally have a clue and the Jaguars and Colts already are very good.

Quarterback Vince Young has a ton of potential, but no talent around him. Moss could turn Young into the best quarterback in the league and make the Titans a contender."

Kind of stings to hear somebody say that. Anyway- as if Moss would play here if we did make him an offer.

3. reo

reo Starter

We're not getting Moss. They only mention us b/c we need a WR and we have cap space. I seriously doubt we've even talked to his agent.

Personally I'm hoping we trade for Roy, Chad or Fitz.

4. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Count me in the crowd that thinks it will never happen - neither end wants it. Titans want/need a guy that will be around for at least 3-4 years, and who won't break the bank...

We don't have as much cap room as it seems - still have a lot of current players who we want to lock up. If we only re-sign Bell, AH and Bironas soon that will take a chunk of money, if we don't it will take an even bigger chunk to replace. Still have plenty to land some quality players, and we need to - but Moss ain't the answer.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

If we throw Moss a monster deal that dwarfs the next highest offer, he would sign here. He'll go wherever the highest dollar offer is, unless the second highest offer is so close to the top offer, then he'll probably decide by who has the best chance of winning a SB.

We won't offer him a monster deal though. And I'm ok with that IF we bring in at least one receiver through draft or FA. Hopefully we bring in a FA (Bryant Johnson, Hackett, Drew Carter) AND draft a WR early.

6. reo

reo Starter

Didn't Johnson sign w/ the Bills

7. idrockfan

idrockfan Savvy Vet

Truth be told......I don't want him. I know he has all world talent, but he won't get the ball enough in this offense to keep him happy, so I see him becoming more of a distraction than anything else. Could be wrong. We'll see.

8. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Moss does not like KFC. No way he comes here with a chance of him being his QB again.

9. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

That's why we're gonna cut KC and sign Culpepper..

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Even if we threw mad money at Moss I'm he'd leverage that with The Pats ala Sapp and The Bengals a few years ago.. The Titans should take that money and throw it at a pair of good receivers vs spending it all on one guy...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar