Source: Reinfeldt Is Front-Runner for GM Position

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Mike Reinfeldt, the Vice President/Football Administration for the Seattle Seahawks, is the front-runner for the vacant General Manager position with the Titans, according to a league source. Reinfeldt interviewed with the Titans last Wednesday. A former player with the Houston Oilers, Reinfeldt is also experienced with salary cap and contract negotiation issues. The Titans will interview Jacksonville's Charles Bailey today, apparently ending the process of initial interviews. Green Bay's Reggie McKenzie, Seattle's Ruston Webster, the NFL's Ron Hill, and the Titans' Rich Snead and Mike Ackerley have already interviewed. Miami's Randy Mueller appears to no longer be a candidate.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

3. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

Good!

I hope it happens. Former-Oiler All-Pro. Led the league in INT's with 13 one year. I remember him well.

& at least he's not a Dolphins or Browns scrub. That would have been hard to take.

4. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

Mike Reinfeldt is absolutely the right choice. My brother lives in Seattle and has Season tickets to the Seahawks ect. He cant say enough about Reinfeldt being the biggest piece to the Seahawks' success and the fans love him... along with he has Woolfe's backing and Oiler ties.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

A few concerns...

First, he's not a personel guy, but rather a financial guy. And from what I read in his bio, caving in to Walter Jones' high priced demands is not exactly having me jump for joy. Futhermore, him coming to the Packers to increase revenues doesn't sound good to me as a fan. Teams that want to make money rarely if ever win a Super Bowl. Teams that want to win the Super Bowl sometimes do.

So is he being brought in to make Bud some money or what? If that's the case, then one of two things will happen...either ticket and merchandise prices will rise, or we'll be signing fewer and fewer free agents. Either it hurts the fans or the team.

Note, this is only from reading his resume, but you have to wonder why bring him in and dump Floyd when Floyd overspent on people too (as did Bud in overpaying VY in his first contract). Unless there is a part of this we don't know yet, who is gonna have the real power when it comes to player talent? Snead and the Scouting guys, the financial GM in Reinfeldt, or Fisher?

Makes me nervous.

Also, isn't Underwood doing what MR would be doing? Unless Bud just thinks he's got a nose for judging talent, but that is not indicated anywhere on his resume.

Gut

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Perhaps you could shed some more light on how he's helped the Seahawks besides giving big contracts to Jones and Peterson...and I don't mean that in a negative way.....but that's all I know of him in terms of personel.

Help us out if you can.

Gut

7. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Hell yea, bring back Luv ya Blue. I can remember that team like it was yesterday. Elvin Bethea, Curlie Culp, Robert Brazil, Greg Bingham, Greg Stemrick, Vernon Perry. And on offense, Earl Campbell, Dan Pastorini, Billy "white shoes" Johnson, Kenny Burroughs, Mike Renfro, Mike Barber, Leon Perry, Carl Mauck, and Tim "the Pimp" Wilson.

Makes sense since the last time the Oilers had an impact Longhorn was Earl Campbell.

8. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

And getting rid of Hutch only to sign 49 mil away for a WR and then trading your #1 pick for a WR when you already have a #1 WR on the roster

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

in fairness, jackson might not be on the roster this coming year because of durability concerns.

10. MattPan25

MattPan25 Guest

lets get Reinfeldt signed and sealed so we can move on and get to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar