Source: Reinfeldt Is Front-Runner for GM Position

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

First off, on paper Burleson got a $49 mil deal, but most of that was dummy money that he'll never see. It was designed to match the total contract that Hutch got, but in real dollars it was worth much less than that.

And I questioned trading for Branch too, but it turns out that was a fantastic move. Not just because Jackson gets hurt a lot, but because Branch is an incredible receiver.

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

I'm not sure how an incredible WR only has 53 cathes for 725yds, a 13.7 yd avg, and only 4 TD's with an All-Pro QB throwing him the ball 12 out of 16 games.

And Burleson's numbers are not good for having started 7 games and played in 16 with Branch on the otherside and Haselback throwing him the ball.

Gut

3. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

For a lot of those games Seneca Wallace was throwing the ball to them

4. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Well, he did let Hutch go, in a way. While the Vikes made it impossible for them to match, the Seahawks could have been more proactive and negotiated with Hutch way before the deadline

5. Sledge

Sledge Guest

For sure. About Branch, what fascinated me was not realizing that Tom Brady made Deion Branch. Now, Branch can look forward to 40-catch seasons, even if Jackson is dealt/retires/tweaks a knee

6. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Word. He also missed the first three games of the season. And you don't expect a guy to come in a learn your system in a week. Hasselbeck didn't exactly have an all pro season. Frankly the entire Seahawks offense was disappointing this year. I blame the Madden curse.

7. As far as our future GM, let's be honest: none of us has the slightest clue how to compare one to another. None of them has been the decision maker with their current team. We might as well be throwing darts to pick the best guy in terms of our picks as fans...

I don't care who they hire. I just hope the guy they hire does a good job.

8. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

Ahem. Not only did most all of Branch's best games come with Wallace at the helm, but also early in the season... before he "learned the system." Run routes and catch the football. It's pretty simple for a veteran.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Starkiller..

What do you think of snead as a personel man? I see a scenario where reinfeldt is in the middle with snead in one ear and fisher in the other both giving him input about personel. Seems that reinfeldt can focus more on contracts then. Would snead want to do things the way reese did? Would that contradict with what fisher wants or comliment it?

I think it is a situation that could work well.

Reinfeldt is an attrative candidate because he is a business guy with an MBA but also played in the nfl for a long time.

10. No clue. I have no way to evaluate a single thing he has ever done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar