Source: Reinfeldt Is Front-Runner for GM Position

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I disagree with starkiller..

We know which candidatesa are the better business guys and which candidates are on the personel side. We know who they have been working with. Mckensie worked with the best GM of this era ron wolf. That matters just like it matters that a certain assisstant coach worked with a bllichick or parcells. It's pedigree..

Reinfeldt will probably be the choice because he is a business guy who also knows personel because he was a player. the clincher is that he played for this franchise most of his career.

Nobody considers snead a top candidate which is interesting because he holds the same job with the titans that these other guys have with their teams. But i think snead is considered too much of an extension of floyd reese and fisher might not like that.

Reinsfeldt would run things like any business with one vice president of football operations(fisher) and another vice president of personel(snead). Like any good CEO he will rely on the expertise of his vice presidents.

I agree we don't know enough to really have expertise here but we do have some information.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

3. The problem is we don't know how good they are at evaluating talent (relative to one another) or what decisions they would have made.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

I agree and disagree with both of you.

We can't accurately evaluate Snead because Reese made the picks. We could only evaluate him better if we knew what the Titans draft board was the last few years.

However, I can read a resume and get an idea of what someone brings to the table. We know that MR gets most of his personel side from his playing experience and his jobs have mostly been the financial side.

I think Roll is right that we'll end up with...
    "Reinsfeldt would run things like any business with one vice president of football operations(fisher) and another vice president of personel(snead). Like any good CEO he will rely on the expertise of his vice presidents. "

Question is, what kind of decisionmaker will he be? Based on his background of saving money for one team and overspending to keep other guys, there is no indication of what direction he'll go with this team nor how good he'd be in making tough personel decisions if Snead suggests one thing and Fisher wants something else. That, we have no clue.

But a good pedigree AND resume would make us all feel a little better. I know Jets fans were nervous getting Mangini, but they are singing his praises and thanking whomever it is they thank for Man-genius.

I hope we'll be thanking someone soon too!

Gut

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Reinfeldt's resume is as Gut noted more in tune with Underwood's job than Floyd Reese's. We really don't know if he can judge talent based on his past accomplishments. He could be great but his resume simply doesn't allow us to know except he was a former player which IMO doesn't neccesarily translate.

I don't think signing their LT, one of the best in the league was a bad decision simply because of the importance of that position. Letting Hutchinson go was basically the result of having two guys on the OL who demanded huge contracts and one had to leave. They were not willing to tie that much money up on the OL.
    Trading for Branch wasn't a bad move either. He is a proven commodity where a 1st round draft pick, where the Hawks pick, is far from a sure thing.
    Branch helps bring stability to their WR core for the future. They were lacking in overall talent and aging.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Wasn't Ron Wolf in the discussion at some point? I'm intrigued by McKenzie because of that alone. (And maybe the Knoxville connection. Darn you homerism!)

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

McClain on the Zone was asked about Reinfeldt's ability as a talent evaluater and McClain said although there is not alot written or said about it Reinfeldt spends alot of time looking at tape and making evaluations as part of his job. He likes doing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar