South Africa photos

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Jun 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If any of you guys want to see some photos from South Africa, PM me your email address.

I hosted them on Kodak photo share and as far as I can tell I can send the link to your email address from that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Beautiful pictures Gunny.

The first lion looks to have a painful broken tooth.Picture 051.Hyena looks dangerously cute.

What did you think of water buffaloes? in India families had them tied up outside homes as a source of milk for the family.

I found them to be relaxing and chilled out to be around.Very cool animals.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The first Lion was 13 years old, they have a life expectancy of 7. He was a mammoth though and he walked past the car and brushed against it. That's how close they got.

The cars had a guy sitting at the front, a tracker, they followed the footprints of animals, and when we found the hyenas the cubs were very curious and came up to the car sniffing etc and the tracker had his foot hanging off the side and one of the cubs was nibbling on it and this was as our driver was telling us Hyenas have the strongest jaw of all animals and it was just incredible the tracker was letting this cub almost chew on his foot.

The buffalo are part of what they called the big 5 which are the 5 most dangerous animals to humans (Lion, Leopard, Buffalo, Rhino and can't remember the last one). Apparently if they see a human they are more likely to charge a human then run away. There were a lot of them and they stay in herds and they have a really sour look.
    One of them was scratching its balls on a small tree which was quite funny to see.

On one drive, we were following 4 Lioness and 5 Lion cubs and they walked straight through one of the lodges. We had a leopard walk through both camps we stayed at. The first one we were still out on a drive and the second was during the night.

It was quite an eye opener to see how wild they truly are and how dangerous it really can be. Luckily the animals don't attack the cars, they are used to the outline of the car, but we were told not to stand up in the car either.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'm guessing the other animal would be the Hippo. Kills more humans than any other, I believe.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I would have thought so as well but it's not. We saw the big 5 within the first 2 days and we didn't see a hippo until the 2nd lodge.

Actually we were doing a night drive and we go around a bend and there is a hippo standing in the middle of the road. They are one big animal.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

those were awesome, especially the leopard pics.

7. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

loved 'em.
    The place looked terrific.

How was the temperature there?

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Pretty warm for most of it. Got pretty cold the last 2 days.

9. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

great pics buddy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar