Spain won the Davis

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Michi40, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

To finish this great year (I think we peaked here) in sports for Spain, we won the Davis cup in Argentina against Argentina! It was hard, lost of pressure, and agertinian press made it a national issue.

Del Potro fired up the final by saying (the guy is quite young) that they will help Nadal to finally stick his slips out of his a**.

Nadal was injured and could not participate, but the rest of the national team won Nalvandian, Del Potro & Acasuso.

I think it is always really hard to win the Davis when playing away, so my preps to the guys! They kept cold and focus.

So, I think that's about it for us this year... silver medal at basketball at the olimpics playing "ok" at the final, Nadal takes the first in the atp ranking, the soccer team wins his second eurocup (since the 60's) playing at a high level, and last but not least... Titans are still NUMERO UNO!

:)

2. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Who cares about hockey?!

3. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

Davis... NOT Stanley!
    Lol

4. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Isn't the Davis cup played every year? And I have no idea how it's played (singles or doubles?), but Spain shouldn't have any problems beating the argentinians - with the exception of Del Potro, they have been very inconsistent and struggled a lot the last year or so.

5. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

Is every year, countries have between 3 and 5 games, fisrt two singles and a double. If a country wins the first three, the fourth is not played. If not, they play one or two extra single games until one country reaches three wins.

The winner country keeps on playing to the next round, the other is out.

That was the final. It was already played last week and Spain won his third Davis Cup.

6. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

Nalvandian did a lot better than Del Potro who was injured after a defeat in the second game.Nalvandian won the first game, Del Potro lost the second and Spain won the double, and Acassuso (Del Potro's back up) lost the fourth game.

Nadal was injured and did not participate in any of the games in the final.

7. Toly

Toly Free your mind

They should play every two years at least instead of every year. It would be more exciting, IMO.

And yeah, I knew Nadal was injured since he didn't play the masters either. He better stop playing so many matches if he wants to keep winning the french open.

8. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

Hater! He won Wimbledon too this year... and got the first in the ATP in august till now.

It's hard to keep the ranking, Federer and Djokovich had also to go all outs for it and play wherever possible.

He also won the gold medal.

Wins: ATP Masters Series Monte Carlo, Barcelona, ATP Masters Series Hamburg, Roland Garros, London / Queen's Club, Wimbledon, ATP Masters Series Canada, Beijing Olympics

Finalist: Chennai, ATP Masters Series Miami SF: Australian Open, ATP Masters Series Indian Wells, ATP Masters Series Cincinnati, US Open, ATP Masters Series Madrid

QuarterFinalist: Dubai, ATP Masters Series Paris

1st Nadal , R. 6675
    2nd Federer , R. 5305
    3rd Djokovic , N. 5295

9. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Hater? Are you kidding me? Nadal has been my favorite player for years now. I have watched almost all of his matches... and that's including all of his matches in grand slams and master series, and the final at the olympics this year. So I'm very aware of his accomplishments.

My previous post was simply stating the obvious. He plays too many matches - I think the second guy with most matches finished with 25 less than Nadal or something like that. And his physical style of play doesn't help matters either. This is the second year in a row that he's having problems with his knee and it will get worse if keeps playing so much. He needs to pace himself.

When I started playing tennis a few years back, I got tendinitis in my knee after only three months and it has never felt the same - I don't have the same speed as I used to. Now imagine a guy like Nadal who plays real matches, a lot of them, and very physical. He's not 18 anymore.

10. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

Sorry man, i thought you were saying about the French open like saying he could only win that. You know. Is an argument i have heard many many many times. And I am beginning to get sick of it.

Like if one could get to nÂș1 being good in just one surface :hmm:

So, my apologies for calling you hater. I owe you a beer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar