Spain won the Davis

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Michi40, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Well, I only mentioned the French open because he has won it four years in a row now. Very few have been able to muster a streak like that for any tournament, let alone a grand slam. I'm not saying that winning Wimbledon isn't big, but winning a grand slam for a fifth year in a row is more impressive IMO.

And yeah, you're right about the one-surface-wonder argument. The stats clearly show that this is not the case. Even winning Wimbledon didn't come as a suprise considering that he made it all the way into the finals the previous two years.

However, I do think that his game is lacking a bit when playing on hard courts. He's still good enough to beat pretty much everybody, including strong hard court players from time to time. But if he could apply the same level of aggressiveness he plays with on grass and clay courts, he would be more consistent and probably would have won the Australian and US open by now IMO. It's just that in some of these hard courts matches, he plays very passive and doesn't flatten his shots enough. His service could also use some work... after all, nothing like getting free points to get yourself out of trouble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar