SPECIAL TEAMS KICK RETURNERS

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oilerstruck, Sep 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsgBoardJesus

MsgBoardJesus Starter

Spencer George.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Sankey is about as dangerous a return man as Michael Griffin is a head hunter.

Makes no sense.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Titans special teams has been bad on both sides for a while now. I dont remember his name, but it seems it all went down hill after firing a long time special teams coach several years ago.

McCluster can't make people miss and it seems like coverage is on top of him as soon as he catches it.

Sankey...well I don't really know because I think he's only actually returned 1 kickoff. The rest have been touchbacks.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Alan Lowry.

He was pretty ordinary for a time as well. Then his last season (I think) was pretty good. Then he got sacked.

5. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Yep, that's him. Seems like they had a decent return game and coverage team for a while. Better than now anyway. Could have been the players too. I was just pointing out it seemed to go downhill around the time Lowry was fired.

I can't remember the last time the Titans had a kick or punt return for a TD. And i think they give up a return at least every other game. Lol

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

for whatever reason the Titans do not use their best players as PR/KR

Mason was quite good PR/KR guy had an awesome 2000 became a starter and returned 93 kicks for well above league average yardage. So of course the Titans stopped using a weapon cause of some stupid reason. If a PR/KR guy gets hurt then they get hurt. Have to make plays when the chance is there to do so.

Kendall Wright would probably be a pretty real good PR guy. Possibly KR as well. We will never know...

7. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Either way we need to find a long time solution to getting a dynamic player at this position that can flip the field. This was on full display at the Browns game. Even when we did a good job stopping them, Benjamin was able to flip the field on us. The NFL is a field position game, we have to get better here for sure (especially with a mediocre offense).

As far as the last good KR/PR we had. It definitely was Pac-Man (Make it Rain) Jones! That dude was dynamic back there!!! We need some of that on this team minus the off field crap..l

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

well he did tend to run backwards occasionally....

9. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Only having 4 WRs probably factors in to that... But I'm with you, put the best man in and let him make plays. Field position is important...so why be scared to put a good player out there?

I'd say McCluster would be better at KR as he can be elusive in the opefield.ld

#19 Mitch86, Sep 24, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  10. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Sankey is a scrub

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar