Spider-Man 3

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PitBull, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oh well it doesnt matter i got it to where i can use it pretty good, i started to make it so that it would transition from slide to slide as a sig, it looked pretty neat

2. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

ryan you get it off peekvid or that other one, (cant remember the name, but i think its a .org..)

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Well, I saw it, and I can't say that it was as bad as everyone has made it out to be. The thing is, like it or not, Peter and MJ's romance has always been a big part of the story.

I will agree that there was not enough Venom. IMO we would've been fine without Sandman...his story seemed like a pointless sidebar, and the theme of forgiveness could still have been easily conveyed without him.

As far as the SNF bit, it makes sense to me to have had another 70's reference thrown in for laughs, as was done with "Raindrops Keep Fallin..." in #2. The Mary Tyler Moore freezeframe bit was hilarious in that one.

Finally, I will add that it's really not necessary to try to make us feel compassion for the villians. I could let it slide with Doc Oc, because he was never evil...only the arms were. Thankfully that was avoided with Brock/Venom.

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

peter's and MJ's romance was never talking a big part of the story....it ruined it

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

what are you talking about? Spiderman 2 was Peter's struggle on whether to be with her or be Spiderman.

Can't remember one.

6. avvie

In #1, the entire story was built on the premise of trying to get the girl. The opening scene declared it outright.

And besides, I was referring to the comics also.

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Sam Reimi has let is be known, that he HATED Venom's character. In fact, most Spiderman enthusiasts and purists generally agree that Venom is one of the weakest villains in the Marvel universe (his character was always poorly written, and Carnage was generally just cooler, so why have him?).

Spiderman 3 was originally written with ONLY Sandman and Harry as the neogoblin. Venom was tacked on, because the outcry from the public (aka people who never really read the comics and thought Venom was cool) called for him.

Count on a fourth installment because the movie did monster numbers. Villains in the fourth have been rumored to be Lizard, Mysterio (written for Bruce Cambell...CHEA), Carnage, and Shocker. We shall see where Reimi chooses to go with it...

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

man Spiderman has a lot of villains

9. avvie

By Shocker,i assume you mean that Electro guy....I think that's his name...hopefully he won't be wearing that stupid mask with the electric bolts.

10. yea, i agree gunny... way too many people for one man to fight... hes gotta be a stud

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar