Spiking the ball

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ewker, Nov 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

No, your a Raiders fan! :grrhee:

It's funny when people use being a Raiders fan as an insult or take it as one.

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

You are delusional. I live in Nashville. Titans fan always. I only find it funny when people assume they know what they are talking about.

3. Blazing Arrow

Growup and get a sense of humor. :rolleyes:

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

If I had a lobotomy maybe I could get your "humor". I left high school a long time ago.

5. Blazing Arrow

School get out early today? Winter break that is right.

To explain what my first post was about. It seemed like you and Vigsted were going back and forth calling each other Raiders fans. Instead you take it as a jab and get all butt hurt.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

lateral == deliberate fumble

Actually that's false, since lateral indicates there's no forward or backwards progress, but in football terms a backwards lateral is the same as a deliberate backwards fumble which is the same as a backwards pass. And as such a forwards lateral is the same as a deliberate forward fumble which is the same as a forwards pass.

In football you're allowed 1 forward pass/deliberate fumble/lateral as longs as you're behind the LOS. If you cross the LOS or have thrown 1 forward pass already, you are no longer allowed to throw, toss, pitch, spike, hurl or otherwise deliberately move the football forward without maintaining possession.
    The only way you're allowed to move the football forward without possession is if it's not deliberate.

7. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

You are ranting on and on. I mentioned FORWARD lateral once, I didn't feel the need to keep repeating it. I completely understand the rules, it's the interpretation by the referees that bothers me. They called it an "Illegal forward lateral" not an illegal foward fumble. Again, who was he trying to lateral the ball to? None of his own players were around. Why wasn't it an illegal foward fumble which could be recovered by the opposing team? He threw the ball on the ground, not exactly a "lateral" type move.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

It's the same thing, which is what my entire previous post was pointing out.

And whether there was a teammate around or not it's a dead ball as soon as it hits the ground, therefore nobody can recover.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar