Spinoff: A reason to evacuate Nashville

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by avvie, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

It has been pointed out to me before that country is always behind the curve... mullets, then goatees, and now THIS :irked:

If you're not going to evacuate, the best thing you could do is gather a lynch mob and blow up all those buildings on Music Row. Pat Boone covering AC/DC was just funny; this is downright insulting.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

They're trying to find that same lightening that Johnny Cash found covering NIN and Danzig.. Did Rick Rubin have anything to do with this?

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I see no reason why they can't cover an amazing band. Jack White is an innovator.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'm a fan, but that guy/band sure sets some folks off round these parts..

5. avvie

At least Cash could pull off the sentiment of "Hurt", and believably.

Dunno about the Rick Rubin thing.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I can't even listen to that one without starting blubber like a baby..

7. avvie

Explain, please.

I understand that jack is a good songwriter, but 'amazing band'? No. Nothing amazing about them at all, unless you mean "makes any halfway sober recording engineer cringe in the corner while begging for mercy to make it stop". That's pretty amazing.

I can't wrap my brain around the "innovator" part at all.

8. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

The White Stripes live in Nashville..plus at least they picked a good song to cover :p

Either though i hate country, this isn't that big of a deal and its not horrible.
    ________
    Ipad Guide

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Okay, I may have stepped over my bounds when I said that the White Stripes were a "great band", however, I believe Jack White to be the savior of Rock N' Roll. Yes we all believe rock is dead, but its his nostaligic spirit that keeps it alive for those that listen hard enough.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. avvie

Okay, that I can get behind. They're really not my thing, but I can see how he's led a charge to refocus rock.

* stated while playing "Seven Nation Army" on acoustic*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar