Sports Illustrated's 1st Round Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by FightinTitan, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

Nelson, Landry, Carriker, Bowe, DJ , Charles Johnson, Griffin, Hughes (depends if we get Clements or Asante), Rice, Merriwether

2. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

Revis, Josh Wilson, Spencer, Abiarmiri, Moses (I'm not a fan), and Tank Tyler will all be on the board as well that is just a lot of players to grade out

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

Who are the 6 OL who you think will go in rnd 1?

Gut

4. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

First off I made a mistake there are only two olinemen listed as being taken in the first round. And you mean to tell me that 30 teams in the NFL are so good at the oline that they don't need to take one in the first round?

I highly doubt it

Here are the guys I think will be taken in the 1st round.

1. Joe Thomas No brainer
    2. Levi Brown OT but probably 3rd best line prospect
    3. Justin Blalock can play every line position 2nd best line prospect
    4. Aaron Sears Senior bowl coaches think he's a guard someone will take him as a tackle
    5. Ben Grubbs Bit of a reach but he is a road grader
    6. Tony Ugoh I expect him to shoot up the draft charts, he is raw but has the athletic ability to pass everyone outside of Thomas.

I also think there are two other that are a bit of a reach for the 1st round but still might be taken by some team

7. Ryan Kalil best center in the draft
    8. Joe Staley great prospect but I question his competition.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

I think Jammal Brown will get Blaylock drafted in rnd 1 cause I think people think he can play RT (though he'd probably be a better OG). The fact that Jammal made the succesful swith to LT this year bodes well for Blaylock.

The only two OL sure to go in rnd 1 are Thomas and Levi Brown. Staley is currently the most athletic but he's pretty raw with good upside...that usually means towards the top of the 2nd rnd. Grubbs is the best OG prospect for teams that need more of a puller. Blaylock is probably the better mauler (if he's not taken at RT in rnd 1). I don't think Sears will get drafted as a OT. He's not tall enough (doesn't have the reach), doesn't have great balance, and is not that quick. I'm pretty sure he'll move to OG and be a straight line mauler. Ugoh will probably only make RT at best and he too could end up moving inside to OG. He's a very good run blocker but he's not quick, doesn't have a great kickstep and has a lot of problems with speed rushers and rushers who use their hands well. Unless he blows people away with his athleticism at the combine or pro days, I don't see him making it into rnd 1 and he could fall to rnd 3.

Kalil is the best OC and probably has the talent to go towards the end of rnd 1, but who needs a OC that badly? If he gets drafted in rnd 1, he can thank Nick Mangold for making sure a big impression with the Jets this past season!

I think we'll see 3 OL taken in rnd 1....Thomas, Brown and either Blaylock, Staley, Grubbs or Kalil.

Gut

6. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

:ha: at Blalock over Levi

I love Sears personally but I don't see him in Round 1

Levi and Thomas are locks, and I think one of the guards have a good shot at going at the end of R1

7. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

I'm hearing good things about your buddy Crowder though. If we don't grab a nice DE in the first 3 rounds we're messing up. very, very deep

8. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

The reports I heard on Blalock was that he was doughy, no mean streak, and that he got beat more often than he won in 1-on-1

9. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I sorta agree. I think we go after the best CB on the board. We've been pretty good at picking WRs in later rounds.
    Their thinking might be the we take the best WR or CB, which ever it is, that's left on the board at the time. (Old school Titans thinking).

10. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

This years' CB class is not very good, I think we could get a great DE or FS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar