Sports Illustrated's 1st Round Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by FightinTitan, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

I agree he blows past most guys...but most of the CB's (even in this draft) are looking slow. So his speed may be more about how much slower the CB's are than his pure speed. In that case, that would limit his 'specialness' (I know it's not a word...so sue me). If he's a 4.3 guy, he's not that special. If he's a 4.2 guy, he's VERY special!

The question is, is he a Dante Hall/Devon Hester type....or is he gonna be a Steve Smith type? If it's the former, he goes in rnd 2 or 3. If it's the later, he goes in rnd 1.

Gut

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

if only scouts knew that about every player in the draft.

ted ginn is fast, that's really all there needs to be said about him.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T9GqxdkO5sw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T9GqxdkO5sw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

3. and thats not even getting up to his full speed at all...

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

I think Ginn is an explosive talent, but come on. Two of those tackle attempts were completely pathetic. If Ginn is stumbling and not even really making a sharp cut, how do you not lay a hand on him? Can you say terrible tackling?

Don't get me wrong, I know he's an excellent returner and does have some fine moves and excellent speed...but half of that was poor tackling.

Gut

5. i agree gut, but that clip doesnt display the speed that he has because of the stumbling that u were talking about

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

No one is questioning that he has excellent speed and explosiveness...but is it special even for the NFL.

Deion was SPECIAL in BOTH athleticism and the talent to apply that to playing the position.

So does Ginn have Dante Hall/Devon Hester type of explosiveness or more? Can he utilize that as a WR or only as a returner?

For as great as Hall and Hester are, you don't take them in rnd 1 even if you know what you're getting. So are you getting a Dante Hall or a Steve Smith???

Gut

7. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

ted ginn

i say if ted ginn jr. is still around at 19 then we should take him, its no secret that we need an upgrade there, givens being injured was a pretty big punch in the face, so i think we definitely need to look at ted ginn jr. plus can you imagine him AND Pac returning kicks, it'd be a pretty sick one-two punch

8. umm, no... pacman is better and both kick and punt returns, ginn just tries to outrun everyone and hes only had like 3 returns in his college career and pacman had like 3 or 4 this year, and ginn is playing in college, he could develop into a stud, but it would be better spent picking someone like landry who can cover and is also great in run support

9. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Ginn reminds me alot of Randle El, hes got alot of talent, but isnt the best true WR, all Ginn is is speed, put him on a fast corner, he might have problems

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

that is what a returner is meant to do...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar