Sportsnation Rankings

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Jul 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/story?id=2502031

We've talked about rankings a lot lately, but what I found amazing about this one is that we were ranked 29th overall, but we didn't have a single other ranking below 27th. It's ridiculous that we dropped 2 spots from our lowest other ranking. Think it contributes to what several others have said, we get no respect from ESPN or national media.

2. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Everyone thinks we just have crappy players so they don't think we are improving. When in reality we were the youngest team in the league last year. We have many players with potential and are getting better each year in my opinion.

3. Agreed, but most NFL Experts ar wrong with there predictions at the end of the season, so I don't take much of this into account

4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Funny they rate the RBs as 27th. Pittsburgh is 11th. Did they bring anyone in or is it mainly just Parker this year?

5. Broken Record

34 Haynes, Verron RB 5-9 222 2/17/79 5 Georgia
    39 Parker, Willie RB 5-10 209 11/11/80 3 North Carolina
    30 Humes, Cedric RB 6-1 233 8/7/83 R Virginia Tech
    22 Staley, Duce RB 5-11 242 2/27/75 10 South Carolina

I'll just answer my own question. haha.

6. Broken Record

And to further clarify, I'd put our crop of RBs up against those. Even if you want to argue the Steelers squad is better, it can't be THAT much better to warrant 11 vs. 27

7. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

There is such a bias against Tennessee, and a few other teams...It wouldn't matter who they had signed or how much they have improved, NONE...NOT ONE national sports writer or comentator would give them a snowballs chance...He knows he'd be laughed out of his office by his peers.

If you want to hear good news, just wait tilll September. If this team is as improved as some of us think, they'll finally have to say something good about us....Til then-- don't hold your breath waiting for these guys to say something positive...ain't gonna happen

8. Broken Record

I've learned to never try to play that game with the press. They own the mics, cameras, computers and hair gel. As soon as they're done with you, they're done with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar