Spread it 5 wide.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Sep 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Sounds like he doesn't watch football.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You really don't know what you're talking about, but yes let's run the least successful play in our playbook since we ran it so well the first few times....

As soon as you stop I'll stop telling you how bad an idea this is...

#172 JCBRAVE, Sep 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2015
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

what is a 'good' idea?

4. JCBRAVE

Holding your RB back to help clean up the garabge is a good idea. Sending 4 out is enough, you definitely don't need 5 receivers to achieve BTTs idea of stretching the defense out, we've been stretching defenses out all along with 3 and 4 guys.

Also, that 6th blocker (RB) doesn't have to stay in and keep pass protecting if there's nothing to block, he can be the 5th guy... But to say "spread it 5 wide" suggests an empty backfield, why are we making it easier for the defense by declaring pass and ignoring the fact that when theres a RB back there the D has to honor the option game?

BTT posted his idea in another thread and I ignored it, but then he farted out a thread about it, someone has to show him the wrong in it.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

IMO McCluster was responsible for at least 1 SAC sunday

he engaged the rusher and was promptly tossed aside for the SAC

I think we all agree a TE/RB getting a chip before rolling out is a good idea.

sounds like the Titans need an Hback again.

6. JCBRAVE

Walker and Fowler and maybe even Coffman could be H-Backs if they wanted them to be

7. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

You are wrong about everything.

• Boring Boring x 2
  8. JCBRAVE

What year did saying someone was wrong become a thing? You sit there and pout all day, I am right. 5 wide is a terrible, just terrible idea at the moment..

Maybe when Poutasi and Schwenke aren't getting raped every play they're asked to play 1-on-1 we can have 5 guys all lined up wide, but for now its been unsuccessful anytime we've done it..

When Vince Young used to throw the ball in the dirt on screens were you sitting there screaming for more screens?

#178 JCBRAVE, Sep 24, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I agree 5 wide is not the way to go right now. We have to protect the QB. I want to see us go with Hunter and Wright on the right side with a TE to help Poutasi and have DGB all alone on the left and a RB in the backfield. This should be our base set if you ask me. Gives us both Hunter and DGB who give defenses height speed mismatches and then Wright who is good working underneath. Very balanced set in terms of still having the ability to power run, play action, read-option, or just pass attacking underneath or vertical.

DGB and Hunter need more snaps...that is the only way they are going to get better.

10. JCBRAVE

Im wont disagree, they both need more action, but so far neither is making the most of the snaps they are seeing...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar