SS Bernard Pollard visits Titans today

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Didn't we already sign an old, slow safety??? No need for 2, IMO..

2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Pollard just turned 28..

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Don't get this visit unless it's the Shonn greene type thing but personally, it's a waste of money imho. I like Pollard as a traditional SS but we got Wilson for SS. Wilson is not as good at FS and Pollard CAN'T play FS (he's fairly slow but instinctive and hits like a Mack truck). Since Griff is guaranteed a roster spot this year, it will just take up cap space to have Wilson and Pollard. I'd rather get a starter rather then depth.

Wilson got 600k sb so 300k of that hits this year with his 1.4mil for a cap hit of 1.7mil. If we cut him we'd save about 800k.

Gut

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Gut finally came out of hibernation :)

Welcome back for the draft coverage. You will fade into the sunset after the draft to eat the honey or peanut butter lol.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I don't like the notion of 2 SS FA pickups at all. If we had not rushed out for Wilson, I'd jump all over Pollard. Was Wilson promised a starting role?

Hey, if we offer Griffin to St. Louis for a 6th, would Jeff take him off our hands?

I know the Ravens will try to hold onto him but we should go for Pollard AND Ed Reed. That would make me happy.

6. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

britt and griff and our 3rd to the rams for their late first :bliss:lol

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Williams likes to go with 3 Safeties more than other DC's and didn't we have a few 3 safety sets last year as well?

Also, I'm not totally sold on Wilson being "the guy". For me mostly I was just excited to see a new starter at the position but there is a reason why he started seeing a reduced role his last year in Buffalo and how he was losing a lot of snaps to a rookie. He's an upgrade over Babs but I wouldn't say no to Pollard just because of Wilson, especially if we do run more 3 Safety formations.

8. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Wilson is better in coverage than Pollard (well, at least ranked higher) and is right there with tackling as well. He just isnt the big hitter that Pollard is. Id rather the money be spent elsewhere. I do not want Pollard as our long term answer at safety.

9. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

I love the way the guy hits, smash mouth old school football. We signed Wilson though, and I doubt we are going to cut Griffin or bench him with the money he will be getting paid. I don't think this is going to happen, and it probably shouldn't. We could use the money some where else like on Elvis. Would much rather have him than play musical chairs with 3 guys at safety.

10. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

I think pollard is a scumbag but his video dancing in the locker room is probably top 3 most hilarious videos out there.

Getting him would signify a big change in culture in that he's coming off a Super Bowl victory, is passionate, and is an absolute bulldozer. We need guys like this for when our defense starts laying down like babies.

And if the past is any evidence with Greg Williams defense WE GONNA BE SoME HEaDHUNTERS!

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar