SS Bernard Pollard visits Titans today

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Thank you! I never really go away but don't always have time to post:(

Good to be back! Hope to add a little to the draft coverage at least with the Titans coming into a crucial year!

Gut

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Give Wiffin some credit. He is not that bad. The first couple of years he was actually pretty good. He sucked so bad last season, because he was playing out of position most of the time. He was utilized as a strong safety, because Babs and the other scrubs we had at SS sucked big time. If Wiffin can play at FS he will be serviceable. Pollard and Wilson would be a huge upgrade at SS.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Jerry Gray does like 3 safety's, but I don't recall seeing that at all in 2012.

I think we ran in once every 8-9 plays in 2011 though

and I don't think you'd want a slow SS like Pollard in for those plays

4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

If we are going to a Greg Williams style defense Pollard could be used as an in the box thumper that Williams loves so much.

Also, if this insane offseason leads us to the playoffs Pollard can be very useful against the Patriots...

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Pollard enduces season ending injuries on mostly legal hits, love him

6. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Ok, so how do you explain his nickname? If he was out of place, he'd be called "Out of Place Griff". But, no, he is called Whiffin. Cuz he gets to the ball carrier, then wiffs the tackle. He is that bad!

7. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Any word if Pollard was offered/accepted a deal?

8. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

His visit was Friday, no word yet...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar