SS George Wilson Agrees to Terms

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by THE_TITAN, Feb 22, 2013.

1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Who didn't?
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

There are some younger people here who may not know Dennis the Menace or the original "George Wilson" from that show :)
  3. Soxcat

Soxcat Starter

The Titan in no way should consider the S spots, both of them, secure because of this siging. We have total crap behind Griff at FS and we can still get better than GW at SS. So we really need to have an eye open in the draft to pull the trigger on a S when the value is there.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  4. The Hammer

I think Wilson is a nice holdover until we get a draft pick ready to play. He will do in the mean time and provide some leadership.
  5. titans1839

titans1839 Special Teams Standout

People dont need to sleep on markelle martin. A lot of "experts" called him one of the steals of the draft last year. He was hurt the whole year, but sitting and watching could have helped. Still would like to see him this year before I label our backups "crap"
  6. The Hammer

For sure. And I think it is time to cut bait with Johnson. Do not see him surviving camp.
  7. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

I see your point but in reality we have no choice but to sleep on him since we haven't seen what he can do. It's not his fault but we have to cover all of our bases.
  8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Not at all, i'm a HUGE supporter of Elam. The dude is raw, but he can be a star in the league. People knock his coverage, and i'm not sure why. His coverage improved every single game, he has the speed/athleticism but just didn't understand angles. That is something that comes with playing time and he's shown he understands them. He also gets carried away looking for the big hit, and needs to wrap up more. But, he has all the tools to be a Pro-Bowl safety, reminds me of a Ryan Clark & Brian Dawkins.

I would take him in the 2nd if he's there. However, he'll be a Patriots, 49er, or Raven in the 1st.
  9. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Well I have a feeling
    We have to see how well he does in the combine first. If he runs anything slower than 4.5 flat then I think he could easily fall to us in the 2nd... easily...
  10. The Hammer

Careful, your mancrush on Elam is in danger of drifting into Mante Te'o "girlfriend" territory.